Fundraising for Small NonprofitsName: Fundraising for Small NonprofitsDate: October 5, 2020 - October 25, 2020Website: To registerEvent Description:Beginning Monday, Oct. 5, 2020
Ending Sunday, Oct. 25, 2020
This online course is three weeks in length.
Your organization is doing exceptional work. You are passionate about your mission. The potential is great, if only more funding were available. Effective fundraising practices can be adapted to meet the unique realities of smaller nonprofits. Efficiently use your time and existing resources – including board members and other volunteers – to achieve your fundraising goals.
You'll learn how to
- Build a convincing case for financial support
- Select the donors and markets best suited to your nonprofit
- Choose the right fundraising vehicles for your organization
- Inspire the leadership potential of volunteers
- Create a fundraising process that works, but is attainable with limited resources
What you’ll receive
- A comprehensive, easy-to-use study guide with models for future reference
- A chance to network with other professionals dealing with similar challenges
- Hands-on experience in planning special events
- Interactive training on how to ask for support
Each week you'll have a course module to complete. You should expect to spend a minimum of 4-5 hours per week on course assignments. Participants are not required to logon at any set time but must meet weekly deadlines to maintain pace with the course. Each module consists of:
- readings from a PDF study guide (or selection of PDF articles)
- viewing a pre-recorded narrated presentation
- completing a 10-question quiz where you must score a 7 or higher
- engaging in forum discussions with others
- and submitting assignments.
It is not recommend that you take this course under the following circumstances:
- You do not have access to a computer from work and/or home.
- You expect this course to be easier than an in-person course.
- You expect to spend ANY length of time away on a vacation and/or away from a computer. This course requires your ongoing presence in order to complete the tasks that earn the certificate of completion.
Learning Management System
Online courses are taught in the Canvas learning management system adopted by Indiana University. Participants will be given instructions for creating an IU Guest account to access the course in Canvas.
Course access is provided to registered participants the Friday before the course begins.
Nonprofit Rate: The cost of this class is fully subsidized by Interact for Health for nonprofit agencies. There is no charge for nonprofit agencies to attend this class.
*LIMITED NUMBER OF REGISTRATIONS AVAILABLE*
This workshop has a LATE CANCELLATION FEE of $250. This means if you register, and do not attend or send a substitute, your organization will be billed $250. The deadline to cancel without penalty is September 28, 2020.
STRICT REGISTRATION DEADLINE SEPTEMBER 28, 2020