Nonprofit Finance for Non-Finance PeopleName: Nonprofit Finance for Non-Finance PeopleDate: October 20, 2020Time: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM EDTWebsite: RegisterEvent Description:
Many nonprofit executives and board members rise through the ranks from direct service providers or other outside industries and have little or no financial or accounting training. They are now expected to prepare, manage or review financial statements, budgets and grant reports. Even those coming from business management typically do not have training in the unique aspects of nonprofit financials and accounting.
This class covers the basics of nonprofit finances, including:
- What it means to be a nonprofit, including formation and tax-filing responsibilities.
- General accounting policies and terms such as basics of accounting, types of financial statements and financial categories.
- Reading nonprofit financial statements.
- Nonprofit accounting rules including determining if income is a contribution or exchange transaction, and contribution types such as unrestricted, restricted, conditional, pledges and in-kind.
- Basics of budget preparation with sample worksheets.
- Importance of internal controls.
- Need for policies and procedures manuals.
Nonprofit Rate: Costs for this class are fully subsidized by Interact for Health for nonprofit agencies. There is no charge to attend this class.
Market Rate (applies to for-profit agencies): $200 per person
*LIMITED NUMBER OF REGISTRATIONS AVAILABLE*
Participants who register for the class and do not attend or offer a replacement will be charged a $150 cancellation fee. Participants who cancel their registration on or before 5 p.m. EDT Tuesday Oct. 13, 2020, will have the fee waived. To cancel a registration for the class, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 513-458-6632.
REGISTRATION CLOSES OCT. 13, 2020