Salsa on the Square Returns for a Special EditionName: Salsa on the Square Returns for a Special EditionDate: September 18, 2020Time: 4:00 PM - 9:00 PM EDTWebsite: http://www.MyFountainSquare.comEvent Description:For one weekend only 3CDC, Procter & Gamble, Hispanic Chamber and Su Casa, are hosting a celebration to bring Cincinnati’s Salsa community together--from a safe distance.
What would have been the 12th season of Salsa on the Square will now be a special three-night event to kickoff Hispanic Heritage Month. We encourage you to attend only one night to allow others to enjoy the celebration. Also, on Sept 17th there will be an exciting community announcement from the P&G Always & Always Discreet brands, as the Hispanic community has been one of the hardest hit during the Pandemic.
National Hispanic Heritage Month is a period from September 15 to October 15 in the United States for recognizing the contributions and influence of Hispanic Americans to the history, culture, and achievements of the United States. In our community, we have many Hispanic Americans that are impacting favorably how we live and are excited about sharing their traditions and talents with us.
This year Salsa on the Square is partnering with Su Casa to raise the visibility of the organization and connect those in need. They are a primary provider of social, case management, family reunification, educational, and health promotion services to the Hispanic/Latino community in Greater Cincinnati.
Enjoy a socially distanced Salsa on the Square event, with several COVID19 precautions in place including socially distanced circles on the plaza, masks, and limited group sizes. Continue reading for detailed COVID19 procedures for this year’s event.
- 35 colorful circles will be placed on the plaza to help patrons remain socially distanced. Once circles are full, the dance floor is full.
- Only one couple is permitted per circle.
- No switching dance partners! Please stick with the partner that you came with. Recommended from your household.
- Masks are required when dancing, moving around the Square, and while visiting the restrooms or bar. Masks may be removed when you are seated at a table.
- Additional socially distanced seating will be available on the plaza for eating and drinking.
- Please stay home if you are not feeling well.
WHO: This event is free and open to the public, all ages welcome. There will be a capacity limit for the Square to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
WHEN: Thursday, Friday, Saturday; September 17- September 19; 4-9p daily
WHERE: Fountain Square is located at 520 Vine Street in Downtown Cincinnati. Safe and secure parking is available at Fountain Square’s underground garage facility.
MORE INFORMATION: Visit www.MyFountainSquare.com