Video Game DesignName: Video Game DesignDate: February 25, 2021Time: 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM ESTWebsite: RegisterEvent Description:
Ages 13 – Adult. Instructor: Ryan Tinney
Learn the basics of video game development and create your very own video games with an editing software called Unity. Lessons and activities will introduce topics such as terrain, character movement, animation, sound design, C# coding, AI, game mechanics, user interface, 2D sprites, and much more. By the end of the class, you will have made several different types of games and understand what goes into video game creation. No experience needed! Beginners and intermediate students welcome!
Students will need access to a computer with that meets or exceeds the following system and hardware requirements:
- Operating System: Windows 7 or higher, or Sierra 10.12.6+, or Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 18.04, and CentOS 7
- CPU: X64 architecture with SSE2 instruction set support
- Graphics: DX10, DX11, and DX12-capable GPUs, Metal-capable Intel and AMD GPUs, OpenGL 3.2+ or Vulkan-capable, Nvidia and AMD GPUs, or better
- Hardware: Mouse and Keyboard.
- Pre-Download: Unity Hub, and latest version of Unity (Unity 2019.3)
Meets remotely via Zoom:
Dates: January 28 // February 4, 11, 18, 25 // March 4, 11, 18
Register by January 10 to receive our Early-Bird Discount of 10% off tuition. Use promotion code WINTER21 at checkout.
SLIDING SCALE: Kennedy Heights Arts Center strives to make arts accessible to everyone. Sliding scale fees available for those in financial need. Click here to download an application.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Tuition is non-refundable, but can be transferred to another course if the student withdraws at least five days prior to the beginning of the course.
All participants need to complete and submit an Emergency Contact and Photo Release