Hispanic Chamber Cincinnati Foundation (HCCF) Scholarships
COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP 2018 GUIDELINES
The HCCF is pleased to announce the start of the acceptance of applications for our Annual 2018 College scholarship program. This program recognizes Hispanic students attending Colleges and Universities in the Greater Cincinnati Metropolitan Area and is supported by local businesses, organizations and individuals. The HCCF’s intent is to recognize and honor the achievements of Hispanic College Students who will be inspiring other younger Hispanic students to pursue higher education.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for this scholarship:
- Be Hispanic or Latino of origin or descent.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens, legal permanent residents, or be granted Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA).
- Applicants must be residents of the Greater Cincinnati Metropolitan Area.
- Recipients are required to be enrolled as a full-time student in a College or University according to their school standards.
- The student must proof that have Grades: GPA 3.0 or higher and a score a minimum of 22 on the ACT test.
- Proven leadership at school and/or the community.
- Must commit to volunteer at the Hispanic Chamber Cincinnati USA a minimum of 20 work hours in a period of one year.
- The student must be enrolled as member of the Hispanic Chamber Cincinnati USA.
- Applicants must submit a written essay of 500 words explaining:
- His/her Hispanic heritage.
- Involvement with the Hispanic Community.
- Financial need and benefits if being awarded with the scholarship.
- Applicants must attach an updated resume.
- Must submit a professional, high resolution digital photo (headshots only) NOT SELFIES (JPEG format under 5 MB).
- Please note, if you are granted with this award you will not be able to apply again.
- Complete and submit applications with required documents online, Available from August 1st to September 30, 2018.
- Applications will be received and reviewed by the Hispanic Chamber Foundation Education Committee.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for a personal interview.
- The final selection will be announced on October 27.
- Successful applicants will be offered a scholarship in writing, and will be asked to accept or decline this offer.
- Scholarship recognition will take place at the 2018 Hispanic Chamber Gala Night.
August 1st Application will be available online
October 10 Applications online deadline.
October 15 Scholarship award notifications.
October 27 Announcement of the final selection.
November Scholarships Recognition at Hispanic Chamber Cincinnati Gala Night.
Ruben Contreras – Hispanic Chamber Foundation Education director email@example.com (513) 313-1951.
Note: Incomplete applications will not be considered for a scholarship