We do the right things, right now. We do them in a way that is relevant to our clients. Become a part of our history as it continues to be written!
If you are interested and qualified for this role, we invite you to apply.
The primary function of the Mortgage Business Analyst is to manage, maintain and execute the governance functions within the mortgage line of business, including but not limited to vendor management, exam prep, regulatory change, mortgage communications, investor/agency administrative support and documentation. The Mortgage Business Analyst is to support the mortgage unit by communicating, managing and implementing business changes. This position in partnership with legal and compliance will help define practices and procedures to ensure adherence with state and federal law and regulatory compliance requirements. Successful candidate will have an in-depth understanding of mortgage processes inclusive of regulatory change and examination. Candidate must also have excellent research, collaboration and resolution skills to not only bring changes to the mortgage unit but provide ideas on implementation.
- Internal audit/external exam readiness – answer questionnaires, gather and prepare documentation, respond to onsite/adhoc requests working closely with compliance
- Supports investor and agency administrative functions (i.e. system access, annual certifications, notifications, etc).
- Oversees integrated issues management; drives focus across the LOB for issue identification, prioritization, ownership and resolution.
- Supports all internal and external audits; coordinates audit prep with impacted areas and manages through issue closure.
- Works with partners to drive positive customer experience; oversees complaint tracking and resolution program.
- Updates and maintains policies and processes that are designed and executed with the customer experience in mind.
- Partners with compliance and legal to establish strong working relationships
- Project management.
- Provides monitoring of LOB vendors (i.e. onsite visits, monthly calls, scorecards, etc.).
- Monthly LOB communications (i.e. executive decks, newsletters, etc.)
Manages multiple, concurrent and complex priorities.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Needed to Perform Essential Functions of the Job:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of financial services industry, risk, business controls or operational risk experience preferred.
- Critical thinking and collaboration skills required.
- Ability to influence peers, colleagues and managers across business and divisional lines to take action on complex, technical or sensitive topics.
- Must be analytical and possess ability to interpret and apply policies and regulations across a large, complex business.
- Broad working knowledge of banking products and operations required.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to effectively manage time.
- Independent and highly self-motivated.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Strong PC skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
Compliance Statement: The associate is responsible for meeting all compliance requirements imposed on First Financial Bank by State and Federal law and regulation, as well as all related First Financial Bank policies and procedures. This includes all Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, OFAC and Suspicious Activity reporting requirements, as well as all other lending and deposit compliance requirements.
It is our policy to not discriminate against any individual in violation of federal, state, and local laws as it relates to age, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran/military service, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an E-Verify Employer.