Plans, organizes and controls a defined portion of a planned maintenance operation for a university campus. Responsible for the overall long-term and daily planning, and scheduling of a defined group’s maintenance activities. Establish and maintain an accurate inventory of related, existing building equipment and systems.
- Provides direction, focus, guidance, support, prioritization and oversight for a section of a planned maintenance program.
- Ensures equipment and systems data are entered and maintained in CMMS; develops detailed maintenance procedures; prepares daily work schedules; reviews maintenance plan program effectiveness; reviews and compiles predictive analyses results obtained by maintenance staff.
- Develops a preventative maintenance (PM) program; maintains equipment history.
- Verification of parts and/or materials needed for completion of scheduled work; assembles the planned job package which contains detailed work order(s), job plan detail by task, labor deployment plan by craft and skill, bill of material, acquisition plan – parts procurement; required permits, clearances, etc.; and prints sketches, photos, special procedures, specifications, sizes, tolerances, and other technical references.
- Knowledge of relevant facility systems, such as plumbing, HVAC, electrical systems, building automation systems, roof systems and building structures or other operational areas
- Ability to read, interpret, and understand drawings, specifications, sequences of operation, control drawings, and other technical data
- •Ability to successfully handle multiple tasks at once, and be able to determine appropriate priorities; must be able to make independent interpretations and make appropriate decisions.
Requires nine months training beyond high school in a relevant trade and three years of experience in a relevant trade, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Driver’s license required.
Three of more years of experience planning and scheduling work in campus service setting especially in preventative maintenance areas.
- Knowledge of safety regulations and safe work practices
- Ability to maintain detailed and complete records of maintenance and repair activities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to a wide range of persons
- Skill in interpersonal communication to effectively interact with University personnel and public (e.g., to answer routine questions, to explain policies and procedures, and resolve problems)
- Skill in business application software, to include word processor, spreadsheet, and database programs; must be experienced in the use of a computerized maintenance-management software program
Application Information and Instructions:
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, is firmly committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University does not permit and takes action to prevent harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of sex (including sexual harassment, sexual violence, sexual misconduct, domestic violence, dating violence, or stalking), race, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, military status, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. Miami University immediately investigates and takes disciplinary and/or remedial action when appropriate. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Miami University’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
Through an agreement with the Butler County Regional Transit Authority (BCRTA), Miami University employees may now ride the BCRTA shuttle for free with a valid Miami University ID. For route information, please visit http://www.butlercountyrta.com.
For more information about employment at Miami, the excellent benefits package and the Miami and surrounding communities please visit http://www.MiamiOH.edu/oeeo/infoandresources-applicants and http://www.MiamiOH.edu/iammiami.