Leads the Business Analysts (BA) and Quality Assurance/Testing (QA) team. Analyzes processes and develops proactive solutions for improvements and innovation, including expense reduction, increased efficiencies, better or enhanced customer service, and continuous quality improvements. Develops process re-engineering and/or facilitates the definition of requirements for technology automation. Fosters strong partnership and collaboration with the business units and the IT teams to achieve desired outcomes.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for leading and managing employees - provides employees with timely, candida, and constructive performance feedback; develops employees to their fullest potential and provides challenging opportunities that motivate them; develops the appropriate talent pool to ensure adequate bench strength and succession planning; recognizes and rewards employees for accomplishments.
- Partners with the business units to identify, develop and implement process improvement initiatives facilitated by technology capabilities or process re-engineering. Eliminates, consolidates, re-sequences, or otherwise proposes changes to tasks to remove non-value-added activities to improve efficiencies and provide cost savings/avoidance.
- Serves as the lead liaison between the business units and technical teams and is consulted on more complex issues that arise. Manages the collection and analysis of business problems and needs to produce business/functional requirements for use by development teams to design new solutions and enhance or change existing solutions.
- Provides oversight for the creation of the application test strategies, detailed test plans, test cases and execution of testing/verification of solutions (automated and/or manual) for correct operation and usability prior to user acceptance testing. Guides and determines when and how automated testing would be needed.
- Leads the development and design of the Business Analyst and QA programs, best practices and guidelines. Champions process and quality excellence methods across the Bank.
- Leads the development of prioritization models, risk assessments, value assessments, SWOT analyses, etc., to determine and support strategic roadmaps for Business Users.
- Knowledge at a level normally acquired through the completion of a Bachelor's degree in Business Analytics, Business Administration, Information Technology, Process Management or related field of study. Master's degree is preferred.
- Five years experience leading and managing teams. IIBA certifications, knowledge of Lean Six Sigma and/or business process management methods are preferred.
- Eight years of business analysis or process re-engineering experience in progressively responsible positions with expertise in functional specification/user story writing and knowledge of technical aspects of customized software development lifecycle.
- Excellent analytical skills to understand the essence of the business users' needs as well as dissect, assess, simplify and document very complex business processes and determine appropriate actions and solutions.
- Strong technical skills required. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (including Visio), as well as Azure DevOps. Knowledge of test automation tools and processes, agile project management methodology and the product owner role.
- Familiarity with banking and the financial industry as well as a broad understanding of relevant IT trends.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to interact effectively with internal and external contacts to provide or exchange information and identify and resolve complex issues.
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills including demonstrated experience presenting recommendations from a business perspective. Credibly communicates complex topics to stakeholders.
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated in order to drive self and team to align and achieve stated goals.
Requires daily interaction with PCs and data processing software for majority of duties. Occasionally work outside of the Bank's normal business hours (i.e. weekends, evenings or early morning) as necessary to meet project schedules.
Why choose FHLB Cincinnati?
Cincinnati is considered one of the most affordable cities with a vibrant downtown area, many new restaurants and a streetcar transportation system. Cincinnati is also known for its highly ranked park system, a bike trail friendly city, unique neighborhoods to match any lifestyle, first-rate school districts, diverse arts community, professional sports teams, nationally ranked zoo and museum center and historic train terminal.
A glimpse of our comprehensive benefits includes:
- Excellent Tuition Reimbursement
- Pension and 401K Savings Plans
- Incentive Compensation Plan
- Conveniently located downtown Cincinnati
- Business Casual Dress/Casual Fridays
- Generous Transportation Reimbursement
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Drug Coverage
- FHLB Funded Health Savings Account