U Pull-&-Pay (UPAP) is a dynamic company with a nationwide network of retail self-serve used auto parts stores. As a customer focused organization, UPAP exists to provide low cost, used auto parts to our customers. Our inventory and interchange information services enhance the customer experience. Customers bring their own tools into UPAP stores and remove valuable auto parts from an environmentally processed inventory of autos. These auto parts are purchased according to a specific price list shared with our customers. UPAPs inventory of autos is rotated continuously.
UPAP is a wholly owned subsidiary of The David J Joseph Company (DJJ) which was founded in 1885 and is a world leader in scrap metal recycling & trading. With over 80 locations, the Joseph Company is headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nucor Corporation (NUE) a Fortune 200 Company. DJJ has a well-earned reputation for safety, integrity and innovation. We are recognized as a good community citizen who is trustworthy, financially strong and environmentally proactive.
If you are ready to grow with a successful company, please apply online.
- Audits facilities for safety and environmental compliance; follows up to ensure correction of deficiencies
- Works with facility core teams to investigate incidents and near misses
- Provides or coordinates safety training for all levels of the organization
- Develops and implements site-specific safety policies and safe work procedures
- Performs industrial hygiene testing and implements corrective measures as needed
- Approves safety supplies and personal protective equipment for use
- Assists in enforcing safety rules and helps develop good employee safety attitudes during facility visits
- Ensures all documentation and record keeping is properly completed and retained
- Serves as first contact for OSHA or other safety regulators and recommends company safety policy changes
- Periodically presents information during meetings on safety topics
- Bachelor of Science in Occupational Safety or degree in another discipline with equivalent work/industry experience
- Knowledge of industrial operations, OSHA regulations, industrial hygiene principles, environmental and DOT regulations
- Knowledge of Workers Compensation laws and experience managing return to work programs
- Minimum three years experience in administering industrial safety and hygiene programs
- Heavy manufacturing or construction environment preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office applications
- Ability to organize and administer a complex safety program at multiple locations
- Available to travel up to 50%
- CSP or ability to obtain CSP within one year
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package including paid training, bonus program, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage, vacation, paid holidays, a 401(k) plan with match, tuition reimbursement and other great benefits.
U-Pull-&-Pay LLC (UPAP) is a drug-free workplace and conducts pre-employment testing as a condition of employment.