ProKids is seeking a part-time (20 hours/week) digital communications coordinator who will focus on increasing brand awareness for the agency and volunteer recruitment by building our digital outreach. We are looking for a professional who can identify new opportunities for engagement, educate the Greater Cincinnati community, execute content strategy and maintain/optimize the website.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com via email by August 22, 2019. Note that ProKids does not accept phone call inquiries.
TITLE: Digital Communications Coordinator
PROGRAM: Community Development
TEAM RESPONSIBILITY: Development and implementation of Benevon methods and fundraising plans and activities to reach budget objectives. Provides a variety of opportunities to learn about the children ProKids serves and the outcome of the services provided by ProKids. Informs the Community about various ways to become involved with ProKids. Monitors the entire experience of The Committed Community with a specialized focus on deepening and broadening their involvement through cultivation activities and events.
POSITION SUMMARY: Implements digital outreach focusing on the cultivation of diverse individuals, businesses, and community organizations for increased brand awareness, volunteer recruitment, retention and funding.
EXPERIENCE: Successful record of maintaining and optimizing websites. Familiar with content management systems (ie. WordPress), Search Engine Optimization, analytics services (ie. Google), and HTML. Successful record of implementing social media to raise brand awareness, execute content strategy, and cultivate diverse audiences to increase engagement and growth in key tracking metrics. Proficient in the dynamics of cultural norms of our diverse clients, volunteers, and community. Knowledge of child welfare issues, nonprofit, fundraising, and volunteer management preferred.
SUPERVISOR: Communications Manager
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Delegation of responsibilities to volunteer(s) as necessary for the operation of ProKids.
1. Develops and implements a comprehensive community outreach, content, and cultivation plan to identify and build relationships with diverse audiences through digital platforms.
2. Maintains prokids.org and finds ways to optimize the site based on SEO data and goals of reaching potential donors and volunteers.
3. Creates, produces, and publishes digital content on the website and through social media distribution channels, including but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
4. Quickly reacts to the needs of ProKids and its social media communities, establishing ProKids as a valuable, authentic voice within the child advocacy community and increasing value for our brand.
5. Maintains the website calendar and scheduled reminders.
6. Responsible for timely reporting of all social media data, tracking and communications.
7. Provides critical input to the setting and evaluation of agency goals and objectives with primary focus on the recruitment of volunteers, including but not limited to:
• Providing input on the impact of each goal on the agency’s strategic marketing, recruitment, cultivation, and development plan.
• Providing raw data & a comprehensive analysis of the impact of each goal.
• Communicating all financial needs and expenses.
8. Attends, networks and cultivates volunteers and donors at all development activities and events.
• Demonstrates the ability to influence high-level decision makers and generates results in donor and community relationship development.
9. Ensures the effective representation of ProKids to external organizations and individuals.
10. Communicates need for volunteers and provides assistance in designing and implementing volunteer training. Supervises, manages, supports, evaluates, and communicates on-going status of volunteers.
11. Performs duties in accordance with ProKids objectives and in compliance with relevant standards and agency commitments.
12. Attends all staff meetings and establishes good teamwork with co-workers.
13. Special projects, assignments, and other duties as necessary for the operation of ProKids.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Computer Skills required:
• Experience with content management systems (ie.WordPress), Search Engine Optimizations, analytics services (ie. Google) and HTML.
• Superior knowledge and experience of all social media channels, including but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
• Knowledge of MS Office software, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
• Ability to maintain skill level as technology changes and advances.
2. Other Skills and Abilities preferred:
• Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• Self-motivated with the ability to exercise considerable independence in the performance of day-to-day duties.
• Strong proofreading skills.
• Highly organized, especially as it relates to time management and prioritization.
• Ability to multi-task, work in a fast-paced office and manage multiple priorities and deadlines with accuracy.
• Highly detail-oriented; with superior organizational skills.
• Ability to think creatively and strategically.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; solution-oriented.
• May be required to occasionally work irregular hours, nights and weekends as required for the operation of ProKids.
• Adherence to strict confidentiality of volunteer and donor related information, as well as all gift information, files, documents, and reports.
3. Physical Demands:
• Will operate a PC.
• Required to talk or hear, in large crowds or busy environments.
• Regularly required to walk and reach with hands and arms.
• Rarely lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.