KENTON COUNTY AIRPORT BOARD invites applications for the position of:
Accountant/Analyst- General Accounting
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
Responsible for performing general accounting functions. Job duties include recording and reconciliation of the general ledger and preparation and maintenance of financial records and reports for various accounts and funds.
This class specification represents only the core areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the needs of the department.
• Maintains the general ledger by preparing journal entries, performing account analysis and reconciliations and assisting in the majority of month-end closing functions.
• Prepares monthly general ledger account analysis reporting documents, including collation of work papers and identification of sub ledger detail to ensure account balance integrity.
• Collects, analyzes and/or summarizes financial data and account information needed to prepare monthly financial statements, reports and records. Assists in preparation of monthly financial statements.
• Measures and accounts for actual versus budget expense variances on a monthly basis.
• Collects, analyzes and audits travel expense reporting documents to ensure compliance with policies. Maintains ledger of prepaid travel advances to ensure all outstanding and authorized travel is properly recorded.
• Audits, balances and/or reconciles assigned accounts; identifies and resolves issues; identifies and researches issues, errors and problems and develops and provides recommendations to ensure issues are fully resolved; as necessary, coordinates with IT staff and/or software/service providers on system issues and problems, as needed.
• Participates in designing methods and/or modifying existing methods to provide records of assets, liabilities and financial transactions. Assists with ongoing implementation of financial accounting systems.
• Assists with preparation of budgets and/or strategic plans. Assists with year-end closing and preparation of annual financial statements in accordance with accounting guidelines and GAAP.
• Assists with preparation of work papers and responds to questions for annual audit by outside independent auditors.
• Acts as back up for other staff members in General accounting when unavailable or absent.
Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in a related field to the area of assignment and five years of related experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
• Obtain/maintain position appropriate NIMS and emergency training.
• Maintains Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) clearance.
• Accounting and finance concepts;
• Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP);
• Internal controls;
• Contract principles;
• KCAB policies and procedures;
• Demonstrated skill in general ledger reconciliation;
• Demonstrated skill in interpreting contract terms
• Demonstrated skill in use of independent judgement;
• Demonstrated skill in problem solving and project management;
• Clearly and effectively communicating, negotiating and advocating, both orally and in writing;
• Use of a variety of computer-based technologies including Microsoft Office products and databases such as Oracle (accounting, purchasing, and payables) and ABM (lease management/contracting).
• Establishing and maintaining effective, fair, cooperative, collaborative and respectful relationships with internal and external colleagues, peers, work teams and workgroups.
ADA AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Positions in this class typically require: walking, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Sedentary Work: exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently, or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects including the human body.
Interested candidates can obtain more information and apply at www.cvgairport.com/jobs.
The Kenton County Airport Board is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans