The Accounting Clerk will report to an accounting clerk supervisor and be responsible for the primary daily functions for 3CDC, its subsidiaries and affiliates related to its operating assets and redevelopment projects. The primary goal for this position is to support the accounting team by keeping the basic functions related to cash, accounts receivable and payable on a real time or current basis.
The position responsibilities will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Reviewing accounts payable to ensure accuracy.
- Processing accounts receivable and cash receipts daily to ensure all client records and cash balances are current.
- Accurately and timely processing vendor payments once per week.
- Importing or keying other financial data into the accounting software such as garage revenue and concession sales.
- Accurately maintain all applicable accounting records in accordance with accounting policies and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Complete special projects, as assigned.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. The employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by their immediate supervisor and other management as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and work habits.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and directly related experience in accounting principles and concepts.
- Ability to function independently and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Personable, positive, and enthusiastic attitude with capability to deal effectively with people (both internal and external).
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Flexible with ability to work in a team setting supporting several people.
- Skills or specialized knowledge:
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Use and knowledge keying data into accounting software is preferred
- Must be able to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality.
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Frequently required to sit at a desk/workstation for long periods of time.
- Ability to work at a computer terminal for an extended period.
- Digital dexterity and hand/eye coordination in operation of office equipment.
- Able to speak and hear employees on the phone or in person.
- Body motor skills sufficient to enable employee to move around the office environment.
- Additional mental requirements: compare, decide direct, problem solve, analyze, instruct, and interpret.
- The ability to work well under stress.