3CDC is a private, non-profit, full-service, real estate development and finance organization focused on revitalizing Cincinnati’s urban core in partnership with the City of Cincinnati and the Cincinnati corporate community. 3CDC’s work is specifically focused on the Central Business District and in the Over-the-Rhine neighborhood. 3CDC invests in and develops residential, office and retail properties, parking facilities and civic spaces. 3CDC also manages multiple real estate assets and provides event production services and management for four major civic Spaces - Fountain Square, Washington Park, Zeigler Park and Memorial Hall. With an annual operating budget of $9.1 million, 3CDC has a staff of approximately 100 full time and 120 part-time employees engaged in real estate development, asset management, event production, civic space operations, marketing, public relations, fundraising, finance and accounting. To date, 3CDC has invested in real estate projects totaling over $1.4 billion. In addition, 3CDC manages over 30 assets with annual operating revenues totaling more than $29 million.
3CDC also manages The Cincinnati Equity Fund and the Cincinnati New Markets Fund (the Funds). These investment funds, totaling about $146 million, provide necessary financial capital to 3CDC’s development projects
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for the general accounting and internal reporting functions in 3CDC’s rapidly expanding portfolio of operating, development and predevelopment stage assets as well as the investment funds. This position will be required to communicate frequently with individuals outside of the department and organization.
- Responsible for implementation of the accounting policies and procedures for the assigned functional area, keeping all applicable accounting records in accordance with those as well as Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and tax regulations.
- Prepares and approves general ledger entries on a regular basis, monitors accounts, and prepares complete and accurate account reconciliations on a monthly and/or quarterly basis.
- Assists in the preparation of internal reporting provided to management on a monthly basis, focusing on financial performance to established budgets and projections for the organization as well as key operating metrics that have been established for each type of operating asset.
- Collaborate continually with the operations staff to enhance management and internal reporting.
- Supports the Controller and Accounting Manager in coordinating annual audits and tax return compliance with external accountants.
- Responds to inquiries from management and other interested parties regarding accounting data, reporting and project investments.
- Completes special projects, as assigned.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. The employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by their immediate supervisor and other management as required.