Department: Regl Student Services
Performs a variety of complex administrative tasks involving some discretion and requiring moderate amounts of independent judgment related to the oversight of the daily operations of a University administrative unit.
- Monitors and reviews operations of unit; ensures smooth work flow; ensures work product meets professional standards.
- Serves as informational resource to staff; investigates and resolves problems or difficulties related to area of expertise.
- Assists University staff, faculty, and students; answers inquiries and provides information.
- Oversees staff; assists in the enforcement of policies and procedures; establishes schedules and reviews performance.
- Gathers and analyzes statistical information regarding department's programs and activities; produces reports.
- May assist in the performance of various financial and budgetary tasks including preparing and monitoring budgets, preparing fiscal reports, or processing payments; may maintain inventory of supplies.
Requires nine months of coursework or training beyond high school in Business Administration and three years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and expertise
Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, good time management and organizational skills. Experience in working with diverse populations. Ability to establish and maintain effective, collaborative working relationships. Experience with supervision.
Please visit https://miamioh.edu/jobs and locate this position (using the Job ID listed in the Job Description Summary above) by selecting “Job Search.” Only online applications will be accepted for this position.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, is firmly committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University does not permit and takes action to prevent harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of sex (including sexual harassment, sexual violence, sexual misconduct, domestic violence, dating violence, or stalking), race, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, military status, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. Miami University immediately investigates and takes disciplinary and/or remedial action when appropriate. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Miami University’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
Through an agreement with the Butler County Regional Transit Authority (BCRTA), Miami University employees may now ride the BCRTA shuttle for free with a valid Miami University ID. For route information, please visit http://www.butlercountyrta.com.
For more information about employment at Miami, the excellent benefits package and the Miami and surrounding communities please visit http://www.MiamiOH.edu/oeeo/infoandresources-applicants and http://www.MiamiOH.edu/iammiami.