Department: Office of the Deputy CIO
The Program Associate performs a variety of moderately complex clerical and administrative tasks requiring some independent judgment related to ensuring the successful completion of the daily operations of the Business Services unit within IT Services.
- Processes incoming information and/or documents regarding daily operations; makes first determination as to disposition using set standards.
- Serves as informational resource for staff; investigates and resolves problems and difficulties.
- Assists in the enforcement of policies and procedures; serves as informational resource to staff.
- Monitors and reviews projects; ensures all necessary changes are made.
- Gathers and analyzes statistical information regarding department's programs and activities; produces reports.
- Performs a variety of clerical tasks including answering phones, typing, and copying.
- Serves as primary back-up for front desk reception and phone coverage and serves as back-up for student employment and payroll. (Track confidentiality agreements, enter positions, help organize career fairs etc.)
- During heavy times of test scoring, provide assistance.
- Actively promote a customer-oriented approach throughout IT Services.
Requires nine months of coursework or training beyond high school in Business Administration and three years of related experience.
- Knowledge of unit's operations, policies, and procedures
- Knowledge of computers and office applications
- May require supervisory skills
- Clerical skills
- Research skills
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Knowledge and experience with systems such as Kronos, Buyway, 25Live, Banner, HireTouch etc.
- Knowledge and experience with payroll, purchasing and travel procedures.
- Knowledge and experience using computing technologies such as Microsoft Office programs and Google applications (i.e. Docs, Sites, G-mail).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills using diplomacy and patience to successfully resolve problems, questions and suggestions.
- Ability to organize and prioritize, take initiative and think creatively while working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to adapt to organizational and procedural change
- Ability to develop an understanding of technical terminology
- Ability and willingness to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to interface with vendors, university contacts, colleagues and students
Please visit https://miamioh.edu/jobs and locate this position (using the Job ID listed in the Job Description Summary above) by selecting “Job Search.” Only online applications will be accepted for this position.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, is firmly committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University does not permit and takes action to prevent harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of sex (including sexual harassment, sexual violence, sexual misconduct, domestic violence, dating violence, or stalking), race, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, military status, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. Miami University immediately investigates and takes disciplinary and/or remedial action when appropriate. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Miami University’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
Through an agreement with the Butler County Regional Transit Authority (BCRTA), Miami University employees may now ride the BCRTA shuttle for free with a valid Miami University ID. For route information, please visit http://www.butlercountyrta.com.
For more information about employment at Miami, the excellent benefits package and the Miami and surrounding communities please visit http://www.MiamiOH.edu/oeeo/infoandresources-applicants and http://www.MiamiOH.edu/iammiami.