Performs a variety of moderately complex clerical and administrative tasks requiring some independent judgment related to ensuring the successful completion of the daily operations of University Advancement, specifically the Office of Development, by supporting multiple Development Officers.
- Processes incoming information and/or documents regarding daily operations; makes first determination as to disposition using set standards.
- Serves as informational resource for staff; investigates and resolves problems and difficulties.
- Assists in the enforcement of policies and procedures; serves as informational resource to staff.
- Monitors and reviews projects; ensures all necessary changes are made.
- Gathers and analyzes statistical information regarding department's programs and activities; produces reports and correspondence.
- Performs a variety of clerical tasks including answering the main phone line for the Development department, assist with greeting prospects, schedule appointments, typing, and copying.
- Makes travel arrangements and manages travel documentation for multiple staff, including expense reports, monthly credit card reconciliation and budget report reconciliation.
- Works some evening and weekend special events.
Requires nine months of coursework or training beyond high school in Business Administration and two years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Strong written and oral communication skills; strong customer service abilities; extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel; strong organizational skills including the ability to deal with multiple projects and deadlines; experience with Buyway; and knowledge of unit's operations, policies, and procedures.
Please visit https://miamioh.edu/jobs and locate this position (using the Job ID listed in the Job Description Summary above) by selecting “Job Search.” Only online applications will be accepted for this position.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, is firmly committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University does not permit and takes action to prevent harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of sex (including sexual harassment, sexual violence, sexual misconduct, domestic violence, dating violence, or stalking), race, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, military status, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. Miami University immediately investigates and takes disciplinary and/or remedial action when appropriate. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Miami University’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
Through an agreement with the Butler County Regional Transit Authority (BCRTA), Miami University employees may now ride the BCRTA shuttle for free with a valid Miami University ID. For route information, please visit http://www.butlercountyrta.com.
For more information about employment at Miami, the excellent benefits package and the Miami and surrounding communities please visit http://www.MiamiOH.edu/oeeo/infoandresources-applicants and http://www.MiamiOH.edu/iammiami.