Performs a variety of clerical and administrative tasks related to buying goods and services for University or University department.
- Prepares and/or processes requisitions, purchase orders and limited purchase orders.
- Determines specifications and other information for purchases and bids; provides information to vendors; may prepare bids and attend bid meetings.
- Researches costs and availability of items; researches and evaluates alternative sources of supply.
- Investigates and resolves discrepancies and other problems or conflicts with vendors.
- Maintains records of department activities, vendor information, and other records.
- May oversee student employees; may establish schedules and assign tasks; may monitor performance.
- Knowledge of purchasing techniques and procedures, knowledge of any equipment or materials particular to department; knowledge of computer and office applications; knowledge of standard office procedures and equipment.
Requires six months of coursework or training in purchasing and one year of purchasing experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Drivers license required.
Hours Per Week/Percent Time: 40/100%