The Senior Associate Director of Development will advance the mission of Miami University by planning, organizing, and implementing strategies to increase the level of personal involvement and financial commitment of alumni and friends. Particular emphasis will be given to strategies seeking philanthropic and volunteer support for the Farmer School of Business.
- Serve as a departmental liaison for the Farmer School of Business at Miami University in addressing their philanthropic and alumni relations objectives.
- Effect cultivation, solicitation and stewardship calls to alumni and friends independently and occasionally with other staff, faculty, administrators and alumni volunteers. Encourage and coordinate involvement of alumni and friends, and corporate partners through campus visits and regional events.
- Prepare and present departmental and divisional proposals to alumni and friends with the input and assistance of faculty, staff, administrators and deans. Proposals may involve tax planning, gifts of real estate, personal property, securities, and gifts in wills, trusts, annuities and insurance.
- Develop and implement service, cultivation, and solicitation strategies for assigned prospects with the support of Advancement Services and Office of Development staff and faculty and administrators.
- Perform other duties related to the mission of the Office of Development under guidance of the Associate Vice President for Development and External Relations for the Farmer School of Business and the Senior Associate Vice President for University Advancement.
Bachelor degree required; four years of corporate sales, business development and/or fund raising experience; outstanding oral and written communications skills; commitment to collaborative approach to fundraising; excellent organizational skills and attention to detail; and willingness to travel extensively both on a regional and national level.
Fund raising experience in an educational setting, management experience, and project management experience.
Please visit https://miamioh.edu/jobs and locate this position (using the Job ID listed in the Job Description Summary above) by selecting “Job Search.” Only online applications will be accepted for this position.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, is firmly committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University does not permit and takes action to prevent harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of sex (including sexual harassment, sexual violence, sexual misconduct, domestic violence, dating violence, or stalking), race, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, military status, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. Miami University immediately investigates and takes disciplinary and/or remedial action when appropriate. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Miami University’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
Through an agreement with the Butler County Regional Transit Authority (BCRTA), Miami University employees may now ride the BCRTA shuttle for free with a valid Miami University ID. For route information, please visit http://www.butlercountyrta.com.
For more information about employment at Miami, the excellent benefits package and the Miami and surrounding communities please visit http://www.MiamiOH.edu/oeeo/infoandresources-applicants and http://www.MiamiOH.edu/iammiami.