Department: Human Resources
Performs a variety of complex to advanced administrative tasks involving discretion and moderate amounts of independent judgment related to the oversight of the daily operations of the personnel office.
- Monitors and reviews operations of unit; ensures smooth work flow; ensures work product meets professional standards.
- Serves as informational resource to staff; investigates and resolves problems or difficulties related to area of expertise; providing routine and non-routine information.
- Perform various financial and budgetary tasks including preparing and monitoring budgets, prepare fiscal reports, or reconciling and processing payments; may maintain inventory of supplies.
- Maintain and process employee records, gathers and analyzes statistical information; writes and prepares reports.
- Oversees student employees; enforcing policies and procedures; establishes schedules and reviews performance; has functional guidance of staff.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Worker Characteristics:
Knowledge of unit's operations, policies, and procedures; supervisory skills; knowledge of computer and office applications; research skills.
Generally typical office environment. May require some walking, standing, or bending. May have periodic assignments which entail dealing with modestly unpleasant conditions.
Requires eighteen months of coursework or training beyond high school in Business Administration and three years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and expertise. Ability to maintain confidential information required.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Experience in health & welfare benefits administration
- Insurance billing & trouble shooting experience
- Advance knowledge working with Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of applicable laws and requirements associated with benefits administration
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills working with employees, faculty and vendors
Please visit https://miamioh.edu/jobs and locate this position (using the Job ID listed in the Job Description Summary above) by selecting “Job Search.” Only online applications will be accepted for this position.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, is firmly committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University does not permit and takes action to prevent harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of sex (including sexual harassment, sexual violence, sexual misconduct, domestic violence, dating violence, or stalking), race, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, military status, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. Miami University immediately investigates and takes disciplinary and/or remedial action when appropriate. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Miami University’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
Through an agreement with the Butler County Regional Transit Authority (BCRTA), Miami University employees may now ride the BCRTA shuttle for free with a valid Miami University ID. For route information, please visit http://www.butlercountyrta.com.
For more information about employment at Miami, the excellent benefits package and the Miami and surrounding communities please visit http://www.MiamiOH.edu/oeeo/infoandresources-applicants and http://www.MiamiOH.edu/iammiami.