Department: Building Maintenance
Performs a variety of administrative and technical tasks in support of department's daily 2nd shift Operations Center
- Assists users of department's Operations Center by providing information regarding policies and procedures; may assist patrons via phone or in-person by aiding them in using services or filling out work orders.
- May assist with various administrative tasks including ordering supplies, preparing requisitions, scheduling use of equipment, maintaining calendars, or conducting research into building systems.
- May prepare various written materials including correspondence, information sheets, or announcements.
- May maintain and update various files and records; may maintain department's computer databases.
- May assist in the performance of various Operations tasks including answering phones, coordinating work requests with correct shops, assigning vehicle or building access and researching & producing reports.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Worker Characteristics:
Knowledge of standard office procedures and equipment; knowledge of computers and office applications; some knowledge of administrative procedures which may include budgeting, research, preparing fiscal and other reports; supervisory skills; research skills.
Periodic assignments given which entail dealing with modestly unpleasant physical situations such as near continuous use of computer.
Requires six months of coursework or training beyond high school in Business Administration and three years of office experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Familiarity in facility management, maintenance and repair
- Technical aptitude for understanding building automation systems or mechanical trades
Please visit https://miamioh.edu/jobs and locate this position (using the Job ID listed in the Job Description Summary above) by selecting “Job Search.” Only online applications will be accepted for this position.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, is firmly committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University does not permit and takes action to prevent harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of sex (including sexual harassment, sexual violence, sexual misconduct, domestic violence, dating violence, or stalking), race, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, military status, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. Miami University immediately investigates and takes disciplinary and/or remedial action when appropriate. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Miami University’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
Through an agreement with the Butler County Regional Transit Authority (BCRTA), Miami University employees may now ride the BCRTA shuttle for free with a valid Miami University ID. For route information, please visit http://www.butlercountyrta.com.
For more information about employment at Miami, the excellent benefits package and the Miami and surrounding communities please visit http://www.MiamiOH.edu/oeeo/infoandresources-applicants and http://www.MiamiOH.edu/iammiami.