Performs a variety of administrative and clerical tasks in support of department's daily operations
- Assists users of department's services by providing information regarding policies and procedures; may assist patrons by aiding them in using services or filling out forms.
- May assist in the performance of various financial and budgetary tasks including preparing and monitoring budgets, preparing fiscal reports, or processing payments.
- May assist with various administrative tasks including ordering supplies, preparing requisitions, scheduling use of equipment, maintaining calendars, or conducting research.
- May prepare various written materials including correspondence, information sheets, or news releases.
- May maintain and update various files and records; may maintain department's computer databases.
- May assist in the performance of various clerical tasks including answering phones, typing, opening and distributing mail, or preparing bulk mailings.
Requires six months of coursework or training beyond high school in Business Administration and three years of office experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of standard office procedures and equipment
- Knowledge of computers and office applications
- Some knowledge of administrative procedures which may include budgeting, research, preparing fiscal and other reports; supervisory skills
- Research skills
Please visit https://miamioh.edu/jobs and locate this position (using the Job ID listed in the Job Description Summary above) by selecting “Job Search.” Only online applications will be accepted for this position.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, is firmly committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University does not permit and takes action to prevent harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of sex (including sexual harassment, sexual violence, sexual misconduct, domestic violence, dating violence, or stalking), race, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, military status, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. Miami University immediately investigates and takes disciplinary and/or remedial action when appropriate. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Miami University’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
Through an agreement with the Butler County Regional Transit Authority (BCRTA), Miami University employees may now ride the BCRTA shuttle for free with a valid Miami University ID. For route information, please visit http://www.butlercountyrta.com.
For more information about employment at Miami, the excellent benefits package and the Miami and surrounding communities please visit http://www.MiamiOH.edu/oeeo/infoandresources-applicants and http://www.MiamiOH.edu/iammiami.