Department: Office of Alumni Relations
This position performs a variety of administrative and clerical tasks in support of the daily operations of Alumni Relations within the division of University Advancement.
- Provides administrative support to the Assistant Director of Young Alumni and Students and young alumni/student engagement team for the Office of Alumni Relations.
- Supports the planning and execution of student and young alumni events and operations, and as such, works a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends. Provided on-site assistance for other departmental events as needed.
- Responsible for various financial and budgetary tasks, including preparing, reconciling and monitoring budgets and preparing fiscal reports.
- May assist with various administrative tasks including preparing requisitions, scheduling use of equipment, maintaining calendars, making travel arrangements and maintaining travel documentation or conducting research.
- Assists with customer service and communication to alumni and donors. Responsible for updates to appropriate webpages.
- Maintain and update various files and records in departmental and university databases.
- Participates in overall alumni association programming and initiatives, as directed.
- Perform various clerical tasks including answering phones, typing, opening and distribution of mail or preparing bulk mailings.
Requires six months of coursework or training beyond high school in business administration and three years office experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Bachelor's degree. Experience using Banner PROD. Experience with Buyway and/or CashNet systems. Previous budgeting experience. Self-starter who is able to follow complex directions and take initiative to complete tasks. Excellent written and oral communications skills. Proven superior customer service. Organized, detail-oriented and able to deal with multiple project and deadlines. Excellent use of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel.
Please visit https://miamioh.edu/jobs and locate this position (using the Job ID listed in the Job Description Summary above) by selecting “Job Search.” Only online applications will be accepted for this position.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, is firmly committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University does not permit and takes action to prevent harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of sex (including sexual harassment, sexual violence, sexual misconduct, domestic violence, dating violence, or stalking), race, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, military status, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. Miami University immediately investigates and takes disciplinary and/or remedial action when appropriate. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Miami University’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
Through an agreement with the Butler County Regional Transit Authority (BCRTA), Miami University employees may now ride the BCRTA shuttle for free with a valid Miami University ID. For route information, please visit http://www.butlercountyrta.com.
For more information about employment at Miami, the excellent benefits package and the Miami and surrounding communities please visit http://www.MiamiOH.edu/oeeo/infoandresources-applicants and http://www.MiamiOH.edu/iammiami.