Department: Regl Enrollment & Admissions
Performs a variety of moderately complex administrative tasks requiring some independent judgment related to ensuring the successful completion of the daily operations of Admission, Registrar and Student Financial Assistance
- Maintains complete, accurate, and up-to-date files and computer databases on students.
- Serves as informational resource for students and parents; investigates and resolves problems and difficulties regarding admission, registration and financial assistance. Interprets policies and procedures.
- Assist students and parents in various routine and non-routine activities regarding admissions, registration, and financial assistance.
- Performs a variety of intermediate to complex administrative tasks which may include process admission applications, credentials, and decisions; registration, course evaluation, classroom scheduling and evaluate transfer coursework; process student loan applications, monitoring loan progress, and process scholarship application.
- Monitors and reviews projects; ensures all necessary changes are made. Gathers and analyzes statistical information regarding admission, registrar and student financial assistance's programs and activities; produces reports.
- Performs a variety of administrative tasks including answering phones, typing, coordinating bulk mailings, ordering supplies and copying.
Periodic assignments given which entail dealing with modestly unpleasant physical conditions such as near continuous use of computer.
Requires twelve months of coursework or training beyond high school and two years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Please visit https://miamioh.edu/jobs and locate this position (using the Job ID listed in the Job Description Summary above) by selecting “Job Search.” Only online applications will be accepted for this position.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, is firmly committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University does not permit and takes action to prevent harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of sex (including sexual harassment, sexual violence, sexual misconduct, domestic violence, dating violence, or stalking), race, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, military status, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. Miami University immediately investigates and takes disciplinary and/or remedial action when appropriate. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Miami University’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
Through an agreement with the Butler County Regional Transit Authority (BCRTA), Miami University employees may now ride the BCRTA shuttle for free with a valid Miami University ID. For route information, please visit http://www.butlercountyrta.com.
For more information about employment at Miami, the excellent benefits package and the Miami and surrounding communities please visit http://www.MiamiOH.edu/oeeo/infoandresources-applicants and http://www.MiamiOH.edu/iammiami.