Job no: 495181
Department: Center for Career Exploration and Success
Work Type: Salary Staff
Status: Full Time
Website Link: http://jobs.miamioh.edu/cw/en-us/job/495181
The Center for Career Exploration & Success in the Division of Enrollment Management & Student Success (EMSS) at Miami University seeks a data and assessment-minded person to join the Operations and Communications Team within the Center. This position has the unique opportunity to assist in the creation and execution of a data and assessment strategic plan. In close collaboration with Research and Analytics within EMSS, it determines data to monitor and interpret for the purpose of advancing data-driven strategy and decision-making for CCES and contributes to the data-driven culture of EMSS. In addition, the person who holds this position creates reports and assessment methods based on goals for the Career Center.
CCES is a growing office with an ambitious strategic plan designed to situate students for lifelong professional success. Our efforts in collaboration with Miami’s Career Community, extend beyond the typical career center offerings as we strive to be the most immersive and comprehensive 4-year career development experience in the nation.
Miami University is nationally recognized as one of the most outstanding undergraduate institutions and is situated in Oxford, OH, an idyllic college town that was recently voted “Best College Town” by Forbes.
- Coordinate and manage data collection, storage and reporting practices in support of the goals and outcomes of the Center for Career Exploration and Success (CCES). Determine how to assess and measure the return on investment of strategic initiatives within CCES.
- Assist with the development of queries, actionable insights and plans for capitalizing on data in support of EMSS and CCES priorities and targeted populations. Monitor and visually report on impact of targeted interventions and fulfilling ad hoc data requests.
- Manage CCES survey data and create new surveys as needed. Develop reports from surveys to share actionable insights with CCES staff.
- Update and maintain data structure and associated reports for the New Alumni survey and knowledge bases.
- In collaboration with CCES staff, review data collection practices, goals and timing to create an accessible inventory and yearly calendar that can be modified as needed. Write and organize documentation of CCES data policies and procedures.
- Stay current with data analytic tools and developments and learn new software as needed.
- Assist in the coordination of office-wide special events, programs, workshops, and career fairs, and other events as needed. Represents the university at relevant events with external constituents, professional associations, and relevant career and workforce development initiatives. Successfully manages multiple projects with complex needs and various timelines. Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree
- Strong background in mathematics, statistics or another quantitative field.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Skill at creating clear, accurate representation of data.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately with attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects to meet deadlines.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree
- Background in SQL programming
- Experience with Tableau software and query tools
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Submit cover letter and resume. Direct inquiries to Kelli Bray at email@example.com.
Application Information and Instructions:
Please visit http://jobs.miamioh.edu for a full listing of career opportunities. Only online applications will be accepted.
Through an agreement with the Butler County Regional Transit Authority (BCRTA), Miami University employees may now ride the BCRTA shuttle for free with a valid Miami University ID. For route information, please visit the BCRTA website at http://www.butlercountyrta.com.
For more information about employment at Miami, the excellent benefits package, and the Miami and surrounding communities please visit http://miamioh.edu/human-resources and http://miamioh.edu/oxandbeyond/index.html.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement and Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of sex/gender (including sexual harassment, sexual violence, sexual misconduct, domestic violence, dating violence, or stalking), race, color, religion, national origin (ancestry), disability, age (40 years or older), sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, status as a parent or foster parent, military status, or veteran status in its recruitment, selection, and employment practices. Requests for all reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html(http://www.miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html), which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2225.