OH - Mason - 7470 Mason Montgomery Road - 45040
We do the right things, right now. We do them in a way that is relevant to our clients. Become a part of our history as it continues to be written!
If you are interested and qualified for this role, we invite you to apply.
As a First Financial Bank (FFB) Mortgage Loan Originator, you will originate mortgage loans sourced through your established referral partners, our retail banking branches, internal departments, and marketing efforts to builders, realtors, and other referral sources. The position will be required to self-source mortgage leads, convert into applications, present personalized mortgage products and solutions to potential customers, produce required disclosures, procure intent to proceed, collect borrower documents needed to satisfy loan conditions, and work with internal departments to ensure a superior customer experience and timely loan closing.
• Consistently achieves monthly loan production volume as specified in the MLO Agreement.
• Generates new business to assist in meeting established profitability goals.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining business plan for growth of this business area.
• Networks with assigned bank branches, internal departments, employees, local organizations/businesses, realtors, builders, and other referral sources to generate mortgage leads.
• Evaluates needs of potential customers and offers appropriate mortgage products and services, or provides referral to appropriate specialist within the Bank.
• Prepares and compiles mortgage application and information for processing of mortgage loan applications generated.
• Ensures completeness of loan documentation.
• Oversees timely closing and funding of loans.
• Provides ongoing relationship servicing with current mortgage customers to maintain goodwill and gain additional business.
• Responds to mortgage inquiries and requests regarding accounts from assigned branches.
• Promotes and cross-sells other bank products and services as appropriate to customer requirements.
• Provides data to support marketing and sales promotion programs.
• Works directly with sales manager to assist with CRA loan initiatives in local market.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Needed to Perform Essential Functions of the Job:
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience originating residential mortgages, 4 years preferred.
• Must have existing referral network established to provide mortgage leads.
• Must have prior experience using loan originating software and MS Office products.
• Strong product knowledge and underwriting requirements for Conventional and Government (FHA, VA, USDA) mortgage programs.
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must have or ability to obtain Mortgage Loan Originator License with NMLS.
• Must be trained in all areas of mortgage lending.
• Must maintain employer and industry required continuing education.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
Level of Complexity and Scope:
Degree of Independence and Decision-Making:
Required Supervisory Responsibilities:
Compliance Statement: The associate is responsible for meeting all compliance requirements imposed on First Financial Bank by State and Federal law and regulation, as well as all related First Financial Bank policies and procedures. This includes all Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, OFAC and Suspicious Activity reporting requirements, as well as all other lending and deposit compliance requirements.
It is our policy to not discriminate against any individual in violation of federal, state, and local laws as it relates to age, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran/military service, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an E-Verify Employer.