For those interested in pursuing a challenging, service and sales oriented role in a busy environment, the retail division provides an excellent opportunity for a career in banking.
Personal Banker Associate (PBA) Program:
Associates in the PBA training program, which is approximately ten weeks, will learn all aspects of the financial center operations. Development will be classroom and on the job training, e-learning’s, webinars, coaching, and mentoring.
Successful completion will culminate with placement as a Personal Banker (either PBl, PBll, or LPBi) at one of our Retail Financial Centers within the Cincinnati and Northern, KY affiliate.
Personal Banker positions:
The Personal Banker has a primary focus on listening to customers and inspire them with smart financial decisions that continually improve their lives and the wellbeing of our communities. Bankers are responsible for having consultative conversations with our customers to build rapport, uncover and understand the customer’s needs, and to recommend solutions. When the customer believes that we are listening, understanding needs, and have his/her best interests at heart, we will earn the customer’s trust and relationship.
Sales / Goals Function:
- Use consultative selling to build a thorough customer profile and identify short and long term financial needs.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of Retail consumer and small business products/services and recommend appropriate solutions using our value proposition.
- Utilize tools and systems to proactively reach out to customers and set appointments for periodic financial reviews.
- Establish close working relationships with other team members, referring customers when appropriate to provide timely, holistic financial solutions.
- Work with other team members to meet/exceed customer experience and production goals and enhance revenue growth.
- A hybrid role, a PBl will be responsible for processing teller transactions, as well as working as a Personal Banker with a team goal.
- A PBll will provide guidance and coaching to Customer Service Representatives in alignment with our consultative sales approach.
- Once a PBll has reached the necessary requirements and goals to become licensed, they can begin studying and receiving support and coaching from our program managers for the licensing program to achieve their Life, Health, Series 6 & 63 licenses.
- Promote excellent customer relations by consistently providing premier customer satisfaction with a friendly demeanor, can-do attitude, and willingness to help at all times, providing professional resolution of problems/issues.
- Establish a relationship with the customer base of the financial center through knowledge of account ownership, greeting customers by name, and exhibiting an attitude of caring. Assist in ensuring the financial center is neat and orderly and presentable for clients.
- Act with confidence by answering customer questions and owning customer issues.
- Open and maintain full range of accounts and services.
- Keep up to date on the security controls in place to protect the office against criminal and fraudulent activities and unnecessary risk and exposure.
- Responsible for opening/closing procedures as a member of the platform staff.
Minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
College degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Two years experience in a sales environment; experience in financial industry a plus. Work involves ability to perform math functions with capability to analyze credit and financial information. Position involves contact with the public, necessitating the ability to present a professional image. Work requires the ability to properly read and write well enough to communicate in both oral and written form. Position requires an in-depth knowledge of retail policies and procedures in order to utilize good judgment in making sound decisions.
Apply online by visiting www.53.com/careers
Retail Personal Banker Associate.