OH - Cincinnati - 225 Pictoria Drive - 45246
We do the right things, right now. We do them in a way that is relevant to our clients. Become a part of our history as it continues to be written!
If you are interested and qualified for this role, we invite you to apply.
Job Profile SummaryThe Wire Transfer Specialist is responsible for performing operational support duties of the Wire Transfer Department. Under minimum supervision, effectively process wire transfer instructions through the Wire Transfer System. Responsible for accurate initiation, verification and releasing of Fed wire payments to and from the Federal Reserve System to meet the established cutoff times. Work closely with the Treasury Operations Department in monitoring the Reserve Account Balance while ensuring compliance with the Federal Reserve and compliance guidelines. Monitors the status of wires, secure appropriate approvals and release wires according to established OFAC guidelines and Regulation E. Investigates and researches disputes, and suspicious or fraudulent issues in accordance with state and federal regulations. Adheres to department guidelines, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements governing Wire Transfer Operations while maintaining maximum level of quality, timeliness of work and providing optimum customer service and satisfaction.
• Provide daily management and operations for sending and receiving wire transfers both domestic and international.
• Issue or delete Personal Identification Numbers
• Data Entry (i.e. wire entry, account transactions)
• Clerical Duties (i.e. scanning, correspondence to clients)
• Participate in special projects (i.e. conversion, release, disaster recovery, audit)
• Training and support
• Handles internal/external telephone calls
• Perform account reconciliations.
• Processing foreign checks for collection
• Calculating balances for overriding uncollected funds
• Due to the operational risk associated with Wire Transfers all associates sign a Zero Tolerance Policy.
• Other duties as required
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Needed to Perform Essential Functions of the Job:
• Prior clerical/data entry experience preferred
• Customer Service experience
• Knowledge of Word & Excel
• Experience in a fast, accurate, deadline oriented environment
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Good organization skills with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks in a deadline –driven environment.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to perform daily activities with minimal supervision.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
Level of Complexity and Scope:
Degree of Independence and Decision-Making:
Required Supervisory Responsibilities:
Compliance Statement: The associate is responsible for meeting all compliance requirements imposed on First Financial Bank by State and Federal law and regulation, as well as all related First Financial Bank policies and procedures. This includes all Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, OFAC and Suspicious Activity reporting requirements, as well as all other lending and deposit compliance requirements.
It is our policy to not discriminate against any individual in violation of federal, state, and local laws as it relates to age, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran/military service, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an E-Verify Employer.