Job no: 495143
Department: Regional Student Services
Work Type: Salary Staff
Status: Full Time
Website Link: http://jobs.miamioh.edu/cw/en-us/job/495143
Under guidance of Regional Director of New Student Programs & Engagement, advocate for the co-curricular needs of students, leading efforts to promote holistic student development and ensuring a student learning and development approach to events and activities that are responsive to student interests and needs.
- Assist student organizations with the recognition and registration process, maintaining compliance with university and campus regulations, budgeting and accounting procedures, membership recruitment, program planning and assessment, promotional efforts and other tasks
- Cultivate partnerships and serves on committees with faculty, staff, and college administrators to support the planning and implementation of student events and activities hosted/funded by various departments
- Collect and analyze data pertinent to Miami Regionals’ student activities programming
- Advise affiliated campus programming boards
- Plan, advertise, and implement campus wide student engagement programs such as Fall and Spring Welcome Weeks, Fall Fest, Get Involved Fair, etc.
- Facilitate and supervise student-led and student-planned activities at Hamilton and Middletown
- Conduct outreach to promote events/activities
- Creates and distributes a monthly calendar of events, publicizes events/activities via student email and social media (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, etc.)
- Hire, train, and manage Regional Office of Student Activities & Orientation student ambassadors
- Expand upon Student Organization Officer Training and Advisor Training Sessions
- Assist with Student Orientation Advising & Registration programs as needed
- May participate and provide support, activities or presentations to other college programs and events such as student orientations or alumni events
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Demonstrated experience with development and implementation of student leadership programs
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Position is not eligible for H-1B sponsorship
- Experienced with tools for developing promotional materials - Emma Marketing Software, Canva for Work, and Trello Project Management Software
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Submit cover letter and resume. Direct inquiries to Kelli Bray at email@example.com.
Application Information and Instructions:
Please visit http://jobs.miamioh.edu for a full listing of career opportunities. Only online applications will be accepted.
Through an agreement with the Butler County Regional Transit Authority (BCRTA), Miami University employees may now ride the BCRTA shuttle for free with a valid Miami University ID. For route information, please visit the BCRTA website at http://www.butlercountyrta.com.
For more information about employment at Miami, the excellent benefits package, and the Miami and surrounding communities please visit http://miamioh.edu/human-resources and http://miamioh.edu/oxandbeyond/index.html.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement and Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of sex/gender (including sexual harassment, sexual violence, sexual misconduct, domestic violence, dating violence, or stalking), race, color, religion, national origin (ancestry), disability, age (40 years or older), sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, status as a parent or foster parent, military status, or veteran status in its recruitment, selection, and employment practices. Requests for all reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html(http://www.miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html), which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2225.