Department: Shriver Center
Perform a variety of clerical, administrative, and customer service duties related to supporting the operations of the Mi-Tech department within the Miami University Bookstore.
- Provides customer service related to all cellular plans to include activation, answering questions via phone and email, as well as walk-up traffic.
- Serve as a customer liaison and answer questions concerning policies, procedures, and services provided; resolve customer complaints/problems and refer when appropriate.
- Perform financial operations; deposit funds and maintain records of transactions. Process a variety of financial forms and documents and obtain any needed information.
- Receive and process customers' orders.
- Assist with the operation of retail or hospitality activities; assist with maintaining and/or rotating stock.
- Maintain files and records; pulls and re-files records as needed; adds any new information.
- May perform a variety of clerical tasks including maintaining an inventory of office supplies, data processing, opening, and sorting mail, assisting with bulk mailings, and delivering financial material to another office.
Requires six months of coursework or training beyond high school in Business Administration and three years of retail or hospitality experience, or an equivalent combination of education and expertise.
Knowledge of retail or hospitality operations; knowledge of computer and office applications; customer service skills; knowledge of bookkeeping procedures.
Typical office environment. May require some lifting of materials weighing 25 to 50 pounds. Periodic assignments given which entail dealing with unpleasant physical situations.
Please visit https://miamioh.edu/jobs and locate this position (using the Job ID listed in the Job Description Summary above) by selecting “Job Search.” Only online applications will be accepted for this position.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, is firmly committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University does not permit and takes action to prevent harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of sex (including sexual harassment, sexual violence, sexual misconduct, domestic violence, dating violence, or stalking), race, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, military status, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. Miami University immediately investigates and takes disciplinary and/or remedial action when appropriate. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Miami University’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
Through an agreement with the Butler County Regional Transit Authority (BCRTA), Miami University employees may now ride the BCRTA shuttle for free with a valid Miami University ID. For route information, please visit http://www.butlercountyrta.com.
For more information about employment at Miami, the excellent benefits package and the Miami and surrounding communities please visit http://www.MiamiOH.edu/oeeo/infoandresources-applicants and http://www.MiamiOH.edu/iammiami.