Perform a variety of administrative and customer service duties related to overseeing the operations of a retail unit
- Oversee activities of the retail unit; enforce rules and regulations; ensure the facility is stocked and ready for operations.
- Supervise staff; assign tasks and establish work schedules; monitor and evaluate staff; interview and hire staff.
- Oversee financial operations; reconcile daily deposits; ensure deposit and financial reports are accurate.
- Maintain stock levels; order products from vendors; resolve billing problems.
- Oversee maintenance of unit; report needed repairs to Physical Facilities.
- Reprogram cash register regarding prices and UPCs as needed.
- Gather and analyze information regarding activities; produce reports.
Physical effort usually requires considerable walking and standing and may require some lifting of materials weighing 25 to 50 pounds. Periodic assignments are given which entail dealing with unpleasant physical situations.
Requires nine months of training beyond high school in Business Administration and three years of related retail experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of retail operations
- Knowledge of computer and office applications
- Supervisory skills
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures