Reports to: Guest Experience Manager
Department: Guest Experience and Services
FLSA Status: PT/Non-exempt
The Guest Experience Specialist works at the Cincinnati Museum Center and off-site events as a cashier, greeter, guide and ticket taker. The Specialist is responsible for providing excellent guest service and accurate information to guests, Members and others who visit the Cincinnati Museum Center. The Specialist uses the POS and scheduling systems to sell tickets and memberships and to secure group reservations and special programs.
- Deliver excellent guest services and salesmanship techniques. Appropriately address guest and Member needs to increase guest satisfaction and drive sale opportunities.
- Provide orientation, guidance and assistance to guests, Members and groups through general information, pricing information, programs/events schedule, etc; help them plan their day for the most meaningful experience possible.
- Operate POS register system for ticket sales, group check-in, program sales and Membership transactions and fulfillment. Operate a scheduling and reservations system to execute ticket sales, group reservations, membership sales, and special programs/event reservations. Efficient and accurate entry of Member, group, or individual data; work to maintain accurate database.
- Follow all loss prevention and cash handling policies and procedures, including completing transactions, making change, counting tills and securing cash and currency.
- Assist with the delivery of promotions/initiatives and marketing messages as they relate to guest satisfaction and driving repeat visitation, Member retention and new membership. Actively pursue information related to events, programs, service delivery, salesmanship, special exhibits, museum exhibits, and any other activities.
- Assist with the execution of all guest and Member appreciation events, film screenings, exhibit previews, recognition activities, special offers, paid and public programs, fundraising efforts and cross-promotions to provide special experiences.
- Follow all processes and procedures to help department meet service and sales goals.
- Take initiative to recognize opportunities for improvement in processes or procedures and work with management to make necessary changes.
- Actively participate in initial and ongoing trainings for consistency and improvement of service delivery, salesmanship, hospitality, team building, and messaging to guests and Members with goals of delivering a world-class service experience and creating a culture of exceptional service.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Experience in area of admissions, sales, hospitality, retail or customer service preferred.
- Experience with museums, non-profits, hospitality industry or large venues is a plus.
- Previous cash handling experience and operational experience with a POS system strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent guest relation and interpersonal skills including conflict-resolution and interfacing with diverse internal and external audience; and an outgoing, friendly personality.
- Ability to follow direction, remain flexible, maintain composure and communicate effectively and professionally in fast paced situations or during periods of change.
- Ability to use multi-line phone system and multifaceted computer software systems.
- Ability to type 30-40 wpm, complete complex data entry processes with speed and accuracy, count cash with precision and effectively use Microsoft Office applications*
- Professional demeanor with a degree of integrity, confidentiality, ethics and dedication to the mission of Cincinnati Museum Center.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, with high attention to detail.
- Self-motivation and initiative; ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks in an energetic environment and work well under pressure with periodic heavy workloads, constant demands, and frequent interruptions.
Additional Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Position is part-time, hourly. Requires flexible schedule to meet business demands, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds.
- This position takes place in both indoors and outdoors. This position requires long periods of standing, sitting and walking. May be exposed to extreme hot or cold weather, including rain and snow.
- Team environment where all input for improvement is appreciated and all team members support one another.
- Work location is Union Terminal, 1301 Western Ave. Parking is provided.
To apply online go to: https://jobapply.page.link/VX9J
We are an equal opportunity employer
- Be a part of creating meaningful experiences, inspiration and lasting memories!
- Membership to the Cincinnati Museum Center and free admission to Special Exhibits
- Free parking at Cincinnati Museum Center
- Discounts at food and beverage locations and in gift shops
- Discounts on tours, programs and events