Purpose: Mount St. Joseph University is accepting applications for the full-time, professional staff position of Admission Counselor/Transcript Analyst for Graduate Studies for the Office of Admission. The Admission Counselor/ Transcript Analyst is responsible for various individual and team activities related to the recruitment, review, and advisement of prerequisites, completing final transcripts reviews, and enrollment of graduate students to achieve University enrollment and net revenue goals. The position provides administrative oversight of the admissions funnel and uses discretion and independent judgment regarding meeting prerequisites, and final recommendations that impact the enrollment decisions.
- Applicants/Applications - Expedite graduate program applications from start to finish. Follow-up with applicants by phone and email to facilitate application completion and address any questions or concerns related to specific academic programs, prerequisites and transferring of credits. Review admission materials and ensure transcripts are evaluated accurately, serve on admission committees which makes the final admission decision.
- Prospecting- Provides independent oversite to graduate recruiting activities in order to increase inquiries and to follow up with current prospects. Duties include, but are not limited to one-on-one appointments, outbound phone calls, personal emails/email campaigns, virtual fairs, attending education fairs and information sessions both on and off campus. Embrace the utilization of technological resources for marketing and recruitment. Maintain a student first service model: an ability to articulate and promote the value of a Mount education.
- Transcript Evaluations - Perform accurate and comprehensive transfer credit evaluations: consistently reviewing work to detect-oversights or omissions. Evaluation of applicants, transferable credit, prerequisites for program requirements to determine admission eligibility. Compiles prerequisite or transfer credit information for the individual departments.
- Collaboration - Work collaboratively with other academic departments and support services in order to plan and recruit at on and off-campus events, including open houses, and information sessions. Serve on committees within the Mount and externally when applicable.
- Demonstrated ability and commitment towards diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Other duties as assigned.
A demonstrated ability and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Master's degree required.
2 years experience with demonstrated knowledge and successful sale/admission/customer service experience; recruiting and advising with a specific emphasis on the adult and graduate population.
Valid drivers license.
To apply, please upload e-note, resume, and contact information with three professional references on our website.
A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer