Coordination of individual campus visits and providing support services in the Office of Admission
- Schedule and confirm individual campus appointments.
- Customize individual visits – working with other departments to develop an itinerary.
- Preparation of the individual itinerary and customized visit packet.
- E-mail or mail confirmations and directions.
- Follow-up correspondence following the campus visit.
- Keep the entire Mount Community informed of daily visitors.
- Serve as the visiting ambassador - ensuring a positive visit experience.
- Directing walk-ins to appropriate individuals/offices.
- Directions to campus and around the city.
- Assist in the scheduling of tour guides.
- Assist in the planning of small/large group visits.
- Provide information about admission to the University.
- Process admission applications.
- Serve as a back-up to run communication flows.
- Assist in all Admission sponsored recruiting events, priority registration, and other campus-based events.
- Generate and distribute weekly athletic reports.
- Generate and distribute bi-weekly academic department reports.
- Prepare athletic/departmental reports on-demand as requested.
- Download the prospect student list along with data entry as needed.
- Prepare name tags, itineraries, and signs for campus-based recruiting events.
- Contributes to team effort by welcoming new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunities to enhance the services of the department; helping others accomplish related job results when needed.
- Other duties as assigned
Director and Associate Director of Admission, Admission staff, prospective students and families, Academic Department Chairpersons and staff, Conlan Center and Student Affairs staff, current students, Business/Finance Division Staff, and other members of the University community.
Works under general supervision where standard practices enable the employee to proceed independently on routine work, referring questionable cases to the Associate Director of Admission
High School Diploma
Knowledge and work in data management and entry. Customer service experience. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite software required.
Any combination of education, experience, or training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
A demonstrated ability and commitment to diversity, equality, and inclusion.
- Exhibit a "prospective student/customer first" orientation in providing exceptional service in all responsibilities and interactions demonstrating versatility in handling people and situations
- Adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and prospective students’ needs and expectations; anticipate and identify students’ and families’ needs
- Demonstrate an ability to recognize, appreciate and serve culturally diverse populations, special needs, and others
- Available to rotate through multiple time frames of service operations
- Demonstrate high energy, enthusiastic approach to duties and a commitment to liberal arts education
- Collaborate well with others and help make Admission staff a cohesive group
- Communicate, cooperate and collaborate well with others to achieve common office, division or University goals
- Willingly assists in various responsibilities as appropriate within the Admission Office and other areas of the university as appropriate during high service demand times
- Demonstrate the ability to work evening and weekend hours
- Develop and nurture an effective, productive and respectful rapport and working relationship with prospective students, co-workers, and various campus and community constituencies maintaining an appropriate level of professionalism
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal public speaking and organizational skills, a sense of humor, flexibility, and creativity
- Demonstrate strong written, telephone, and electronic (email and internet) communication skills
- Communicate information clearly and concisely and listen well to others
- Maintain a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work to detect errors, oversights or omissions
- Ensure the accuracy of the information that is provided to others
- Take immediate and independent action when necessary assuming initiative for creative problem solving
- Demonstrate creativity and high energy
- Accomplish tasks with follow through to completion
- Adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and functions within the department and/or position
- Must possess an aptitude for technological development and its implications for appropriate automation of office; proficient in Microsoft Office
Work Environment, Physical Demands:
- Multiple service hours; standing or sitting in one position for long periods; walking for extended periods of time; computer data input; multiple concurrent tasks with service interruptions; high-level customer contact; strict confidentiality; detailed work.
To apply, please upload e-note, resume, and contact information with three professional references via Paycom.
A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer