- This position will provide and coordinate first-year academic advising scheduling by guiding Gateway admitted applicants.
- They will utilize various communication methods to support students to ensure their matriculation and persistence.
- This position will supervise, train, and coordinate student workers to support the above-mentioned functions.
Expected start date: 7/1/2019
Work hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 - 4:00
Gateway Community and Technical College is located in Northern Kentucky - part of the Greater Cincinnati Region
- Provide phone coverage for the academic advising scheduling line for first-year students, while troubleshooting possible obstacles to advising/registration.
- Support student matriculation and persistence by providing excellent customer service and accurate information.
- Provide supervision, mentoring and training for academic advising department student workers. Coordinate student worker coverage for advising phone line.
- Facilitates the transition of advisees from professional advisors to faculty advisors. Track advisors’ and advisee numbers. Provide monthly advising load report to leadership.
- Provide communication to applicants and current students. Manage internal academic advising e-mail account. Support Advising Radius Communication Plans.
- Prepare student self-service accounts for scheduled appointments each day for the advising team and proactively problem solve student account issues.
- Support advising department goals by addressing internal requests for assistance, maintaining accurate advisor contact information, and tracking event attendees. Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's Degree in a related field
- 1 - 2 years of relevant experience
- Excellent organizational skills; high attention to detail; independent; commitment to diversity and inclusion; self-motivated; able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment; excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate with diverse individuals at all levels throughout the internal college environment as well as external business and community partners, representing his/her self in a professional and courteous manner; ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally; ability to multi-task, work under deadlines, and prioritize projects to meet deadlines with high levels of efficiency and accuracy. Must have proficient computer skills in: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)