Gateway Community and Technical College is seeking an exceptional and energetic individual as an instructor and program coordinator for its growing Business Administration Department. The ideal candidate must demonstrate the ability to support enrollment growth, build relationships/partnerships with business and industry, and promote the business administration program in the Northern Kentucky area. The ideal candidate must be willing to set standards of excellence in the industry and maintain continued contact with the area business and industry community to ensure Gateway remains current with job entry requirements, current business methods and equipment. This position is an 11-month contract position (10 month contract option could be considered).
Teaching 15 credit hours, increase enrollment in the program, meet with various industry leaders and create partnerships with businesses. Prepare class syllabus to meet the student learning outcomes for courses and provide effective instruction. Assist advisees to develop educational and career goals, and to seek the information necessary to achieve those goals. Meet a minimum of once a semester with their advisees to review educational, graduation, and career progress. Assist advisees in enrolling in the required classes to meet graduation requirements. Attend all scheduled in-service activities, meetings, and complete all scheduled/assigned activities in support of individual faculty development plans. Create a professional and active learning environment for all students in a multicultural learning institution.
Program Coordinator Duties include but are not limited to the following leadership and instruction mangement functions:
- To provide leadership in the program/area consistent with the mission of the college.
- To promote an effective teaching and learning environment.
- To promote the use of academic support and academic services fostering student success within the program/area.
- To maintain an active program advisory committee.
- To be responsible, with the faculty and the Dean, for the mentoring and retention of qualified full-time and part-time faculty, as well as staff (when appropriate) within the program/area.
- To encourage academic processes (i.e., cooperative education/practicum/internship) and procedures that foster student success within the program/area.
- To participate in the student evaluation of instruction within the academic program/area as needed.
- To be responsible, with the faculty, the Dean, and the Chief Academic Officer, for the overall maintenance and enhancement of a quality academic program/area. (i.e., collect and review course syllabi)
- To be responsible, with the faculty, the Dean, and the Chief Academic Officer, for curriculum development, implementation of college, division and program goals, and evaluation of the academic program/area.
- To be responsible for the completion of the Annual Plan and Outcomes Assessment process and learning outcomes reports for the program/area.
- To be responsible for the completion of the Self-Study/Program Review process.
- To assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the President/CEO and Chief Academic Officer
Associate degree in the teaching discipline, and current credential/certification, with a minimum of two (2) years work experience in the field.
2 years experience in two or more of the following areas: Marketing, Finance and Accounting, Quality Management, International Business, Project Management, and Entrepreneurship.
Excellent organizational skills; high attention to detail; independent; self-motivated; able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment; excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate with many individuals at all levels throughout the internal college environment as well as external business and community partners, representing his/her self in a professional and courteous manner; ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally; ability to multi-task, work under deadlines, and prioritize projects to meet deadlines with high levels of efficiency and accuracy. Must have proficient computer skills in: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
Bachelor and/or master’s degree in the teaching discipline with a minimum of two (2) years work experience in the field.
Project Management Professional certification; Certified Public Accountant
Expected start date: 8/1/2019
Work hours (shift) will be: Varied. Number of hours per week: 37.5
*Campus Location for this position: Boone and Urban Metro Campus
Gateway Community and Technical College is located in Northern Kentucky - part of the Greater Cincinnati Region