Summary: The principal faculty are responsible for instruction and student assessment in the didactic and clinical components of the program. This includes evaluation of curriculum to ensure course learning objectives and course outcomes are achieved as well as academic advising, and remediation when necessary. He/she will assist program leadership in the development, design, implementation and ongoing assessment of the curriculum.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide instruction in the classroom or skills lab, as assigned, based on experience.
- Maintain accurate student course records and report these on a timely basis.
- Provide ongoing academic advising to assigned students, and remediation, when necessary.
- Assist the Academic and/or Clinical Director(s) in curricular development and assessment of student performance.
- Participate in the Program’s recruitment and admission process.
- Participate in continuous Program assessment and assist with ARC-PA accreditation activity.
- Advise the Academic Director regarding programmatic or policy changes.
- Assist with preparation of grants, reports, and self-studies related to ongoing funding and Program accreditation.
- Assist in the design and scheduling of Program faculty development opportunities.
- Serve on University and Program committees.
- Represent Program to health care community and community at large.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Academic or Program Director.
- A graduate of an accredited PA Program
Master’s Degree in an appropriate field of study
Current NCCPA certification
Current licensure as a Physician Assistant in the state of Ohio or eligibility for licensure.
Minimum of two years of clinical experience
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Working knowledge of ARC-PA accreditation standards
A demonstrated ability and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
To apply, please upload e-note, resume, and contact information with three professional references on our website.
A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer