3CDC is a private, non-profit, full-service, real estate development and finance organization focused on revitalizing Cincinnati’s urban core in partnership with the City of Cincinnati and the Cincinnati corporate community. 3CDC’s work is specifically focused on the Central Business District and in the Over-the-Rhine neighborhood. 3CDC invests in and develops residential, office and retail properties, parking facilities and civic spaces. 3CDC also manages multiple real estate assets and provides event production services and management for four major civic Spaces - Fountain Square, Washington Park, Zeigler Park and Memorial Hall. With an annual operating budget of $9.1 million, 3CDC has a staff of close to 80 full time and 120 part-time employees engaged in real estate development, asset management, event production, civic space operations, marketing, public relations, fundraising, finance and accounting. To date, 3CDC has invested in real estate projects totaling over $1.4 billion. In addition, 3CDC manages over 30 assets with annual operating revenues totaling more than $29 million.
3CDC also manages The Cincinnati Equity Fund and the Cincinnati New Markets Fund (the Funds). These investment funds, totaling about $146 million provide necessary financial capital to 3CDC’s development projects.
The Operations Field Supervisor will help oversee operations employees deployed on the sidewalks throughout Over-the-Rhine (37 Blocks) and/or the Central Business District (100+ blocks), both in downtown Cincinnati. This includes managing staff levels in accordance with the needs of each district (OTR/CBD), developing and executing daily work plans, and developing the overall team to be flexible by cross-training for multiple roles. This is a management position that would work 2nd shift and requires weekend availability.
The position includes interacting daily with police, commercial tenants, city public services, OTR Chamber, etc. This position requires someone with strong managerial skills, great work ethic, and someone who understands the importance of not only building a great workplace culture but also understands the importance of building a great culture in their community.
- District Management
- Being hands-on, and in the field to provide coaching, mentoring, and continuous training on standard policy on procedures for cleaning city streets and sidewalks
- Complete daily district inspections to ensure all areas are maintained in excellent repair, including analysis of previous day paperwork for all spaces
- Coordinate any needed repairs with 3CDC operations staff members or third-party service providers
- Maintain pressure washing/hosing down schedules and ensure that work is completed, and special projects are prioritized
- Manage relationships with 3rd party contractors and partner organizations to problem solve and improve the day to day quality of the program.
- Equipment Management/ Supply Procurement
- Maintain inventory pars at all civic spaces for janitorial supplies, maintenance supplies, and all maintenance equipment.
- Maintain accurate tracking of purchases annually bidding out contracts to obtain best pricing.
- Train staff on all equipment: including riding sweepers/scrubbers, walk behind scrubbers, pressure washers, gators, trucks, etc.
- Maintain equipment maintenance logs
- Staff Management
- Responsible for daily direction of operations personnel by developing/refining a custom deployment plan to maximize visibility and effectiveness of resources (personnel and equipment)
- Evaluates daily needs and adjusts the standard plan to meet the needs of the district
- Provide on the job coaching of the full time and seasonal operations staff and report accurate feedback to Senior Management
- Immediate and complete reporting of all liability issues- includes tracking incident reports
- Reporting through a variety of additional reporting channels
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. The employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by their immediate supervisor and other management as required.
Qualifications, skills and/or specialized knowledge:
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related degree program is preferred but not required
- One to two years’ experience managing staff
- General building/facility maintenance experience (electrical, carpentry, and/or equipment)
- Have a thorough knowledge of all areas of maintenance
- Ability to perform general repair, electrical, mechanical, and cleaning maintenance
- Desire a minimum of six months’ worth of experience in the service industry (maintenance industry preferred), but not required
- Experience with driving light construction equipment preferred
- Must be proactive with strong problem-solving skills and proven customer service skills and must be willing to lead by example
- Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule
- Must have a valid state-issued driver's license with a current address and acceptable driving record
- May be required to stand for 8-hour shifts while managing employees
- Must be willing to work in different indoor and outdoor conditions
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs
- Personable, positive, and enthusiastic attitude with capability to deal effectively with people (both internal and external)
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing
- Excellent organizational skills, work habits, and consistent follow-through
- Must be able to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Position is 80% field supervision, 20% office
- Digital dexterity and hand/eye coordination in operation of office equipment.
- Able to speak and hear employees on the phone or in person.
- Body motor skills enough to enable employee to move around the office environment.
- Additional mental requirements: compare, decide direct, problem solve, analyze, instruct, and interpret.
- The ability to work well under stress.