Purpose: Under the immediate supervision of the Police Chief, Lieutenant, Sergeant, or on-duty supervisor, this person is responsible for providing various clerical related duties to support the services of the University and the Campus Police Department.
- Maintains and updates the current Crisis Management Plan
- Maintains and updates the Campus Police Department’s web page
- Assists with the collation, coordination, and review of Clery related documents to include: gathering crime and disciplinary referral data from various internal and external sources, such as the Office of Student Affairs and local law enforcement agencies
- Ensures compliance with the daily crime and fire log requirements
- Greets visitors to the Campus Police office and notifies the staff of their arrival
- Answer telephone calls to the Campus Police office
- Make and print ID cards
- Order and maintain a supply of office supplies
- Assist in making “No Parking” signs
- Enter purchase order information
- Assist with scheduling of Student Dispatchers
- Enter Incident Reports into the Records Management System (RMS)
- Provide directions and other information
- Distribute and review email messages
- Receive incoming calls to the Campus Police office
- Maintain radio contact with on-duty officers
- Monitor surveillance cameras
- Contact Hamilton County Communications Center during a time of an emergency
- Other duties as assigned by a supervisory officer
- Hours worked are at the discretion of the department
Primary Contacts: Students, staff and guests
Supervision Exercised: None
Supervision Received: Immediate Supervision – Lieutenant, Sergeant, or On-Duty Supervisor
A demonstrated ability and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Education: High School Diploma
Experience: 1 Year related experience preferred
Specialized Training: Training will be provided in order to demonstrate the ability to use Police Department radio; telephone; copy machine; fax machine; and, video cameras. Training to allow for the use of the RCIC system.
- Provide exceptional service in all responsibilities and interactions with students, staff, and guests while demonstrating versatility in handling each situation.
- Adapt, willingly and quickly, to changing needs and priorities of students, staff, and guests with the expectation that the person can identify and anticipate the needs of the customer.
- Demonstrate an ability to recognize, appreciate and serve culturally diverse populations and other special needs of customers.
- Demonstrate and enthusiastic approach to assigned duties.
- Collaborate and communicate with other members of the Campus Police Department staff in order to make a cohesive working relationship
- Collaborate. Communicate and cooperate with other Campus Police staff members in order to achieve Department goals
- Willingly assist with other Campus Police Department responsibilities, as needed
- Develop and maintain an effective, productive and courteous relationship with students, staff, and guests while maintaining a professional attitude.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Be courteous and respectful
- Demonstrate strong written, verbal and electronic communication skills.
- Communicate clear and concise information while listening well to others.
- Take immediate and independent action when necessary
- Accomplish assigned tasks while being cognizant of assigned deadlines and ensuring proper follow-up is completed when needed
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to use the current video camera system
- Demonstrate the ability to use a police radio system
- Demonstrate the ability to use the current ID system
- Long periods in a seated position
- Extensive customer contact
- Maintain confidentiality
To apply, please upload e-note, resume, and contact information with three professional references on our website.
A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer