Performs a variety of tasks related to assisting in the preparation and serving of meals and meal deliveries for University students and guests.
- Monitors activities of the unit; assists in enforcing rules and regulations; assists in coordinating activities.
- Oversees staff; assigns tasks; serves as an informational resource to staff.
- Monitors and reviews completed tasks; ensures that any necessary changes or corrections are made.
- Monitors kitchen, serving, and dining areas; set-up delivery events, beverage stations, dessert stations, brewing beverages, placing table settings and moving equipment with attention to neat, clean and sanitary conditions to ensure safety.
- Performs a variety of food preparation tasks that include: coordinate delivery prep, gathering, drop off, back of the house operations and any other duties needed for event success.
- Performs a variety of administrative tasks which may include maintaining inventory, keeping records, ordering supplies, balancing accounts and preparing deposits, and handling customer complaints.
Physical effort usually requires considerable walking and standing with some lifting of materials weighing 25 to 50 pounds. Somewhat disagreeable working conditions due to exposure to high temperatures. Some element of personal risk due to very hot surfaces.
Requires six months of training beyond high school in food preparation and one year of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Requires a high school diploma or GED.
Valid driver's license required.
- Knowledge of general business administration techniques
- Knowledge of food preparation and sanitation techniques
- Supervisory skills