Department: Campus Services
Performs a variety of administrative and kitchen tasks related to the operation of university food service facilities
- Oversees activities of unit; assists in setting goals and priorities; assists in setting policies and procedures; ensures the smooth flow of operations; enforces rules and regulations.
- Supervises staff; establishes schedule and assigns tasks; monitors and evaluates performance; reviews and approves employee time sheets.
- Monitors and reviews completed tasks; ensures that any necessary changes or corrections are made.
- Maintains inventory; assists in forecasting needs and placing orders for materials and supplies.
- Oversees maintenance of facility; reports any needed facility or equipment maintenance or repairs.
- Performs a variety of administrative tasks including keeping records, balancing accounts and preparing deposits, and resolving customer complaints.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Worker Characteristics:
- Knowledge of general business administration techniques
- Knowledge of food preparation and sanitation techniques
- Supervisory skills
Physical effort usually requires considerable walking and standing with some lifting of materials weighing 25 to 50 pounds. Periodic assignments given which entail dealing with modestly unpleasant physical situations.
Requires nine months of training beyond high school and two years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Please visit https://miamioh.edu/jobs and locate this position (using the Job ID listed in the Job Description Summary above) by selecting “Job Search.” Only online applications will be accepted for this position.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, is firmly committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University does not permit and takes action to prevent harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of sex (including sexual harassment, sexual violence, sexual misconduct, domestic violence, dating violence, or stalking), race, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, military status, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. Miami University immediately investigates and takes disciplinary and/or remedial action when appropriate. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Miami University’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
Through an agreement with the Butler County Regional Transit Authority (BCRTA), Miami University employees may now ride the BCRTA shuttle for free with a valid Miami University ID. For route information, please visit http://www.butlercountyrta.com.
For more information about employment at Miami, the excellent benefits package and the Miami and surrounding communities please visit http://www.MiamiOH.edu/oeeo/infoandresources-applicants and http://www.MiamiOH.edu/iammiami.