Welcome to Greater Cincinnati Behavioral Health Services (GCB). We are the largest behavioral healthcare provider in the Greater Cincinnati area. We serve adults and children throughout Southwest Ohio and Northern Kentucky.
GCB is on the cutting edge of advances in treatment of mental illness and has won national recognition for the implementation of evidence-based services. Our services include Care Management, Psychiatry, Primary Care, Substance Use Disorder Treatment, Counseling, Employment Services, and Housing.
GCB's staff of 700 professionals are highly skilled, compassionate, and committed to helping clients work toward wellness, meeting them where they are.
Please visit our website at www.gcbhs.com for more information and opportunities. #LifeChanging
Bilingual Behavioral Health Therapist – Part Time
The ideal candidate will be Bilingual in Spanish and English and will have an LISW or LPCC or actively working toward independent licensure. Become an integral part of Behavioral Health with GCB at Crossroad Health Center.
This is a rare opportunity to provide behavioral health care to Spanish-speaking community. Much of our local Latino community does not have the English fluency or financial resources to access behavioral health care. By joining our team you will be caring for both Spanish- and English-speaking patients in local health care centers.
The majority of people with a behavioral health condition first seek help from their primary care provider and very few follow through to obtain care from an outside behavioral health program. As a Behavioral Health Consultant you will have an opportunity to be on the leading edge of the new field of Primary Care Behavioral Health. You will reach a population that otherwise would not seek outside behavioral health care because of the stigma associated with mental health treatment. By working hand in hand with their primary care providers you will deliver much needed care to this underserved group. You will help patients to improve their mental and physical health through a combination of brief and ongoing treatment.
- Deliver brief and ongoing holistic, action-oriented, evidence-based services to Spanish- and English-speaking primary care patients, and immediate concise consultation to medical providers.
- An active member of the primary care team, the BHC assists with implementation of primary care provider treatment plans, and supports diverse patients in achieving improved health outcomes, accelerating the patient’s experience of care, and efficiency of the practice.
- Identifies, triages, and empowers patients to make healthy lifestyle choices by activating self-management strategies, and motivational techniques to prevent or manage chronic physical and behavioral health conditions.
- Minimum license requirements of LSW or LPC or higher with a master’s degree. Master’s degree in social work or counseling preferred.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
- Excellent communication, documentation, time management, coordination and collaboration skills.
- Must be able to provide individual and group counseling to a variety of clients with a wide range of mental health diagnoses.
- Ability to work with range of clients during pre-crisis or crisis situations and to mobilize community resources.