Performs a variety of moderately complex technical and custodial tasks related to maintaining the University's buildings, facilities, and grounds.
- Operates heavy equipment which may include tractors, trucks, snow removal equipment, back hoes, trenchers, street sweepers, bushog, or carpet cleaning power van.
- May operate portable power equipment including chain saws, blowers, mowers, and drapery/upholstery cleaning machines.
- Performs routine cleaning and maintenance of equipment.
- May perform minor carpet repair including repairing split seams and renailing tack strips.
- May assist in the set up and break down for events; moves tables, chairs, staging and technical equipment; may assist with the maintenance and preparation of athletic fields and facilities.
- May mix and apply various chemical solutions including herbicides, pesticides and cleaning solutions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Worker Characteristics
- Knowledge of equipment operation and maintenance
- Knowledge of groundskeeping operations
- May require some knowledge of pesticide application techniques
Frequent standing, walking, climbing, and operating equipment. Some lifting of materials weighing up to 70 pounds. Periodic assignment given which entail dealing with modestly unpleasant physical situations. Machinery may generate considerable noise and pose some element of personal risk.
Requires six months of training beyond high school in equipment operation/maintenance and one year of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Requires driver's license. May require pesticide applicator's license.
May require some knowledge of pesticide application techniques and pesticide applicator's license.
Experience with irrigation system and troubleshooting preferred.