Department: Music Library
Performs advanced administrative tasks related to supervising the operations of University Libraries Access & Borrow Department.
- Facilitates smooth campus library operations including service points in four libraries spread across the Oxford campus; provides regular service point oversight at Music Library (Tuesday-Thursday) and King Library (Friday-Saturday), shifts to other service points as needed.
- Coordinates with other staff to lead student budgeting, hiring, training, scheduling, supervising, and evaluating for student employees; participates in departmental leadership of public-facing services; other duties as assigned.
- Oversees and reviews operations of unit; sets priorities and goals; ensures smooth workflow; enforces policies and procedures; ensures work product meets professional standards.
- Serves as informational resource to staff; investigates and resolves problems or difficulties related to area of expertise.
- Assists Library patrons; answers inquiries and provides information.
- Oversees staff, schedules and assigns tasks; monitors and evaluates performance.
- Prepares various reports regarding operations.
- May maintain inventory of supplies; may reorder as necessary.
Requires the equivalent of an associate's degree and three years library experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Previous work experience utilizing, or other evidence of, strong organizational, written and verbal communication, customer service, and supervisory skills.
Demonstrated experience hiring, training, scheduling, supervising, and/or evaluating student employees.
Music knowledge/experience welcome.
Please visit https://miamioh.edu/jobs and locate this position (using the Job ID listed in the Job Description Summary above) by selecting “Job Search.” Only online applications will be accepted for this position.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, is firmly committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University does not permit and takes action to prevent harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of sex (including sexual harassment, sexual violence, sexual misconduct, domestic violence, dating violence, or stalking), race, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, military status, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. Miami University immediately investigates and takes disciplinary and/or remedial action when appropriate. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Miami University’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
Through an agreement with the Butler County Regional Transit Authority (BCRTA), Miami University employees may now ride the BCRTA shuttle for free with a valid Miami University ID. For route information, please visit http://www.butlercountyrta.com.
For more information about employment at Miami, the excellent benefits package and the Miami and surrounding communities please visit http://www.MiamiOH.edu/oeeo/infoandresources-applicants and http://www.MiamiOH.edu/iammiami.