Department: King Library
Performs intermediate to complex administrative and clerical tasks related to monitoring the operations of a library division. Reports to Manager, Access & Administrative Services in the King Library, Miami University Libraries.
- Supervises student employees at the Circulation Desk; troubleshoots problems related to circulation, reserves, or digital equipment, and authorizes exceptions to policy.
- Alerts appropriate emergency personnel and coordinates initial response to safety, security, and facilities issues that may arise within library facilities.
- Monitors operations of unit; ensures smooth workflow; enforces policies and procedures; ensures work product meets professional standards.
- Serves as informational resource to students, faculty and students; investigates and resolves problems or difficulties related to area of expertise.
- Provides research assistance to students, faculty and other researchers seeking materials.
- Oversees student employees by training, assigning tasks and monitoring performance to ensure deadlines and applicable standards are met.
- Prepares various statistical reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requires twelve to eighteen months of coursework or training beyond high school and two years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience with integrated library systems and supervision of student employees. Excellent customer service skills. Experience in successfully operating autonomously, without the presence of a direct supervisor. Comfort using and troubleshooting technology. Ability to work in a collegial manner with fellow circulation supervisors. Ability to multi-task and apply good judgement in a sometimes hectic environment.
Please visit https://miamioh.edu/jobs and locate this position (using the Job ID listed in the Job Description Summary above) by selecting “Job Search.” Only online applications will be accepted for this position.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, is firmly committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University does not permit and takes action to prevent harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of sex (including sexual harassment, sexual violence, sexual misconduct, domestic violence, dating violence, or stalking), race, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, military status, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. Miami University immediately investigates and takes disciplinary and/or remedial action when appropriate. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Miami University’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
Through an agreement with the Butler County Regional Transit Authority (BCRTA), Miami University employees may now ride the BCRTA shuttle for free with a valid Miami University ID. For route information, please visit http://www.butlercountyrta.com.
For more information about employment at Miami, the excellent benefits package and the Miami and surrounding communities please visit http://www.MiamiOH.edu/oeeo/infoandresources-applicants and http://www.MiamiOH.edu/iammiami.