Department: King Library
Performs complex to advanced administrative and clerical tasks related to overseeing and monitoring the operations of a library division
- Monitors and reviews operations of unit; ensures smooth workflow; enforces policies and procedures; ensures work product meets professional standards.
- Serves as informational resource to staff; investigates and resolves problems or difficulties related to area of expertise.
- Assists Library patrons; answers inquiries and provides information.
- Oversees student employees by scheduling and assigning tasks; monitors performance to ensure deadlines and applicable standards are met.
- Prepares various reports regarding operations.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and reorders as necessary.
- Assists with processes including ordering and invoicing, monographic receipt, copy cataloging, maintenance of electronic resources and documentation.
- Contributes to the supervision of student employees; participates in departmental cross-training; may staff service desks; other duties as assigned.
Requires eighteen to twenty-four months of coursework or training beyond high school and three years of library experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience with an integrated library system (Sierra preferred). Important skill sets include: familiarity with standard office applications; ability to adapt to changing and new technologies; attention to detail; and strong organizational, time management, and oral and written communication skills. Experience hiring, training, and evaluating student employees.
Please visit https://miamioh.edu/jobs and locate this position (using the Job ID listed in the Job Description Summary above) by selecting “Job Search.” Only online applications will be accepted for this position.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, is firmly committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University does not permit and takes action to prevent harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of sex (including sexual harassment, sexual violence, sexual misconduct, domestic violence, dating violence, or stalking), race, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, military status, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. Miami University immediately investigates and takes disciplinary and/or remedial action when appropriate. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Miami University’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
Through an agreement with the Butler County Regional Transit Authority (BCRTA), Miami University employees may now ride the BCRTA shuttle for free with a valid Miami University ID. For route information, please visit http://www.butlercountyrta.com.
For more information about employment at Miami, the excellent benefits package and the Miami and surrounding communities please visit http://www.MiamiOH.edu/oeeo/infoandresources-applicants and http://www.MiamiOH.edu/iammiami.