Property Manager - LIPH, Cincinnati
Job Title:Property Manager - LIPH
1627 WESTERN AVENUE
Cincinnati, OH, 45214
SCOPE: This position reports to the Assistant Director of Asset Management and is responsible for the management of CMHA residential rental property.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Manage a property portfolio consisting of elderly, family and/or scattered site housing. Implement controls to ensure timely collection of rent and consistent enforcement of the lease among all tenants. Make daily rounds on the property, including individual house calls to reinforce lease compliance.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual operating budget for property management sites.
- Market units to prospective tenants. Perform housekeeping inspection 90 days after move-in and refers potential problem tenants to housekeeping class.
- Perform annual inspections on all units. Take necessary management action to address clients who are not complying with the lease requirements, up to and including initiation of eviction procedures.
- Collect rent and assesses special charges. Enforce rent collection policy consistently, and proceeds with eviction of tenants who are not in compliance.
- Work directly with individual residents, resident organizations, social services staff, etc. to investigate and resolve resident complaints, initiate programs to serve the resident community, etc.
- Provide Gold Standard customer service to internal and external clients;
- Work closely with maintenance and modernization staff in the Authority to ensure appropriate upkeep and curb appeal of the property, and to ensure that modernization funds are used most effectively in addressing the physical improvements for the property.
- Supervise staff assigned to the property management function; train staff on the full range of property management responsibilities; hire, discipline, approve leave, etc.; mentor and coach staff in effort to achieve established goals and enhance individual and group performance; completion of annual performance reviews; prepare and submits timesheets and payroll adjustments;
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Management, Business Administration, Urban Studies, Property Management or related field; or an equivalent combination of post-secondary education and property management experience.
- Ability to perform in a busy, changing, multi-tasking work environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Two (2) years supervisory experience.
- Working knowledge of PC-based computer applications for management reporting systems, e.g. Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Supervisory experience in a unionized environment.
- Experience in management of subsidized residential property.
OTHER: The incumbent must possess and maintain a valid driver's license in state of residence, and maintain an insurable driving record under the terms and conditions of the CMHA auto liability policy. The incumbent may have no more than 4 accumulated points in 3 consecutive years.
Interview Process: All applicants must clearly indicate on application/resume information sufficient to determine whether the applicant meets the minimum qualifications.
Note: As a condition of employment at CMHA, you must agree to and pass a drug screen test, criminal background check and motor vehicle check.
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Equal Housing Opportunities