Reports to: Visitor Services Manager
Department: Visitor Services
FLSA Status: FT/Non-exempt
The Gift Shop Specialist conducts the daily gift shop operations for National Underground Railroad Freedom Center. The specialist is responsible for providing superior hospitality and service, and providing a safe, friendly, clean environment. Additionally, the Specialist must work on a daily basis to deliver a seamless sales experience to our guests and members while aggressively maximizing sales, driving incremental revenues and actively soliciting new members.
- Operate POS register system for retail, ticket sales, group check-in, program sales and membership transactions and fulfillment.
- Prepares store and/or satellite locations for opening by restocking merchandise, checking inventory and supply levels and providing general housekeeping.
- Demonstrates knowledge of product, current exhibitions, and store/museum policies.
- Keeps up to date with price changes, sale items, and entering new items in data base.
- Assisting with annual inventory process.
- Assist with execution of all guest and member appreciation events, film screenings, exhibit previews, recognition activities, special offers, programs, teacher previews, fundraising efforts and cross-promotions to provide special experiences that show our true appreciation for their continued support.
- Maintain a safe, clean and efficiently operating work space
- Follow all loss prevention and cash handling policies and procedures, including completing transactions, making change, counting tills and securing cash and currency.
Education and experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- 1-3 years demonstrated customer service experience
- Ordering and inventory experience necessary
- Previous cash handling experience and some experience with a POS sales system a plus.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Must have excellent communication and customer service skills including conflict-resolution, interfacing with diverse internal and external audiences. Ability to follow direction, remain flexible, maintain composure and communicate effectively and professionally in fast-paced situations or during periods of change. Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays. Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Strong self-motivation, initiative and the ability to work both independently and as a team member.
Required to perform other duties as requested or assigned.
To apply online go to: https://jobapply.page.link/CpbZ
We are an equal opportunity employer