Assists in providing a safe and secure campus environment by receiving and prioritizing emergency calls, and relaying accurate information to responding personnel.
1) Receives and prioritizes incoming emergency calls from campus; obtains necessary information from callers; dispatches appropriate personnel and relays accurate information regarding situation.
2) Monitors campus alarm system; notifies appropriate personnel regarding any alarms received; monitors emergency channels of other agencies.
3) Conducts various computer checks regarding parking violations and other information as requested by officers.
4) Assists callers by answering questions and providing information.
5) Performs other related duties as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Worker Characteristics:
Knowledge of communications equipment; knowledge of various emergency response units and their functions; ability to remain calm and make correct decisions in stressful situations.
Typical office environment.
Requires high school diploma or GED and one year of emergency services dispatching or related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Completion of a commercial or local training certification program in emergency dispatching.
Hours Per Week/Percent Time: 40/100