Job no: 495464
Department: Intercollegiate Athletics
Work Type: Salary Staff
Status: Full Time
Website Link: http://jobs.miamioh.edu/cw/en-us/job/495464
Duties include prevention, evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries to athletes (male and females) participating in Miami University Intercollegiate Athletic program. Supervision of student athletic trainers in clinical and educational setting and possibly teaching courses in the athletic training curriculum. In addition, duties will include maintaining medical records, travel with specific teams, coverage of specific practices and home contest and providing services at camps.
This position specifically supports the mission of the University and the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics by assisting in institutional compliance with NCAA and Conference rules and regulations.
- Supervise the scheduling of pre-participation physical examinations and health appraisals.
- Prevention, evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation of athletic injuries under the direction of the Head Athletic Trainer and Team Physician
- Provide medical coverage for practices and contests as designated.
- Supervise the medical coverage of teams as designated
- Provide medical coverage for home practices and contests as directed by the Head Athletic Trainer
- Communicate the status of injured athletes to the Head Athletic Trainer and respective coaches, acting as a liaison between physician, athletes, coaches, and the Head Athletic Trainer
- Communicate and coordinate, with respective coaches, current health care standards and implementation of medical policies.
- Assist in recruiting of prospective student trainers.
- Assist in supervision of athletic training students in educational and clinical settings.
- Providing services at camps.
- Maintain certification in the National Athletic Trainers' Association
- Maintain State of Ohio Licensure as an athletic trainer
- Assure that all appropriate NCAA rules and regulations are followed as they apply to the sports medicine program
- Participate in departmental activities, including service on committees and attendance at all scheduled meetings.
- Participate in activities as requested by the Miami Red and White Club.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the athletic administration
- Certification by the National Trainers Association, meet qualifications to be licensed as an athletic trainer in the State of Ohio.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Successful experience as an undergraduate student athletic trainer
- Master Degree with experience in athletic training at the collegiate level
Application Information and Instructions:
Please visit http://jobs.miamioh.edu for a full listing of career opportunities. Only online applications will be accepted.
Through an agreement with the Butler County Regional Transit Authority (BCRTA), Miami University employees may now ride the BCRTA shuttle for free with a valid Miami University ID. For route information, please visit the BCRTA website at http://www.butlercountyrta.com.
For more information about employment at Miami, the excellent benefits package, and the Miami and surrounding communities please visit http://miamioh.edu/human-resources and http://miamioh.edu/oxandbeyond/index.html.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement and Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of sex/gender (including sexual harassment, sexual violence, sexual misconduct, domestic violence, dating violence, or stalking), race, color, religion, national origin (ancestry), disability, age (40 years or older), sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, status as a parent or foster parent, military status, or veteran status in its recruitment, selection, and employment practices. Requests for all reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html(http://www.miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html), which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2225.