Looking for maintenance individuals who are interested in a career in maintaining Mass Transit vehicles, support equipment and facilities.
The preferred applicant will have formal training, experience and good work history.
Pay ranges from approximately $13.16/hr for entry level maintenance staff to $27.48/hr for top level technicians. Additional pay opportunity is available for candidates with ASE Certifications.
Effective January 1st, 2016, The Southwest Ohio Regional Transit Authority/Metro will not hire nicotine users. All candidates for hire extended an offer of employment will be required to successfully pass a nicotine screening as a condition of employment.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair different models of transit buses in Metro's fleet.
- For technical positions, tasks include repairing brakes, suspension systems, engines, transmission, AC systems, electronics, and the use of diagnostic equipment.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must possess high school diploma or GED
- Available to work 1st, 2nd or 3rd shifts
- For technical positions:
- Must be able to pass Mechanical Aptitude Test, possess or have the ability to obtain a CDL Class B with passenger endorsements, vocational training plus 2 years work experience, OR 5 years heavy-duty mechanic work experience with no vocational training